Yet another problem.....

Discussion in 'Tech-Talk' started by Year Zero, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Year Zero

Year Zero Squier-Nut

Oct 27, 2020
    Pennsylvania
    I do but i decided to drop the mixer. Other than the effects I was going to keep everything plugged in the mixer so everything was there and ready. But I'm dropping the mixer out. All I need is the 2i2

2. Year Zero

Year Zero Squier-Nut

Oct 27, 2020
    Pennsylvania
    I ws going to do some mixing but it was mainly to keep everything plugged into a track. My friend who used to do my recording for me said to do that but it's just a pain. The 2i2 is enough.

dbrian66 and LutherBurger like this.
  3. Year Zero

Year Zero Squier-Nut

Oct 27, 2020
    Pennsylvania
    Exactly. Everything can run direct into the 2i2. The drum machine if I use that. The guitars, bass, all the vocals and the keys.

Caddy likes this.
  4. Year Zero

Year Zero Squier-Nut

Oct 27, 2020
    Pennsylvania
    I saw a youtube tutorial and he said how to hook it up so I did and I got that issue so I decided the mixer is gonna be more trouble then it's worth. Besides all the effects I want the DAW has. The whole idea is to keep it simple and easy. I want to have fun, not feel like I'm at work and its frustrating.
    So easy and simple it will be. Everything into the 2i2 as I need it. It has 2 channels but since I'm doing all the instruments it means I only need to use one channel on the 2i2.

drewcp, Caddy and LutherBurger like this.
  5. Year Zero

Year Zero Squier-Nut

Oct 27, 2020
    Pennsylvania
    What DAW do you use? I have Reaper and N-Tracks, plus audacity, cool edit and cool edit at my disposal. I have a drum machine I can use once I figure it out into the 2i2. I also have a midi controller that I don't even think I need.

6. Year Zero

Year Zero Squier-Nut

Oct 27, 2020
    Pennsylvania
    HEY! Once again you guys have been a lot of help. I am trying to learn this stuff on my own but sometimes I need to ask a question or bounce an idea off you all and as usual you've all been helpful and cool.

7. Year Zero

Year Zero Squier-Nut

Oct 27, 2020
    Pennsylvania
    If I add drums that way it'll be with a drum machine, stereo or mono. I won't be recording live drums. NO room where I live...lol

8. Year Zero

Year Zero Squier-Nut

Oct 27, 2020
    Pennsylvania
    What VST would you recommend for drums Beagle assuming I device against the Alesis SR16?

The last time I did any recording was at me friends house. Keys, horns, drums and other noises were done digitally. Now this time bass and keys, and horns will be done buy me 'live".

9. beagle

beagle Squier-holic

Nov 19, 2017
    Yorkshire
    I've been using Reaper for about 15 years.

Connect a stereo pair from the drum machine to the 2i2 and record it as a stereo track in Reaper.

I write drum, piano violin parts using MIDI and play them back using VSTs like Steven Slate Drums. Reaper also allows you to add your tracks to video.

Year Zero and LutherBurger like this.
  10. Year Zero

Year Zero Squier-Nut

Oct 27, 2020
    Pennsylvania
    My biggest issue right now Beagle is I have zero idea how to use midi. I have a midi controller with a bunch of buttons and keys and I have no clue.

11. Year Zero

Year Zero Squier-Nut

Oct 27, 2020
    Pennsylvania
    More fun! I just learned my Boss gt-1 guitar multi-effects pedal is also an audio interface too! :confused::confused:

LutherBurger likes this.
  12. beagle

beagle Squier-holic

Nov 19, 2017
    Yorkshire

The rest of the series of tutorials from Kenny Gioia are very useful.

Year Zero likes this.
  13. Year Zero

Year Zero Squier-Nut

Oct 27, 2020
    Pennsylvania
    Again I thank you my friend for your help and guidance Beagle.

beagle likes this.
  14. 5ofeight

5ofeight Squier-holic

Nov 14, 2016
    Glasgow
    I'm hoping your music is bloomin good after all this writing and reading you've had us doing hahaha

Year Zero and beagle like this.
  15. Ladeeh

Ladeeh Squier-Meister

Sep 10, 2021
    Balkans
    I've been using EZ Drummer 2 for about 6 months and it is superior to every other drum VST I used before. Nice and simple, realistic sound, good editing choices and features. Plenty of great DLCs.

Year Zero likes this.
  16. beagle

beagle Squier-holic

Nov 19, 2017
    Yorkshire
    muttley_s.gif

I'm always happy to help, especially when it's appreciated. Endless hours on the internet can't substitute for half an hour of somebody actually coming in to your "studio" and showing you though.

Year Zero, duzie and 5ofeight like this.
  17. Year Zero

Year Zero Squier-Nut

Oct 27, 2020
    Pennsylvania
    Here's one of my songs from when I was in the studio. It was a 4 song EP I sent to everyone.

https://soundcloud.com/rare-zoo-babies/lazy

I have like 5 more. So I do know how to write and play, just need to learn these silly programs.:D:confused:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
    5ofeight and beagle like this.
  18. Year Zero

Year Zero Squier-Nut

Oct 27, 2020
    Pennsylvania
    I wish I could afford EZ Drummer. I've read lots of good reviews. Unless we get another stimulus check I can't afford it.

Ladeeh likes this.
  19. beagle

beagle Squier-holic

Nov 19, 2017
    Yorkshire
    Yeah, that's some good stuff there. :D

Year Zero likes this.
  20. Year Zero

Year Zero Squier-Nut

Oct 27, 2020
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks Beagle. :D