Yesterday was a really GOOD day!

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by JurnyWannaBe, Jul 10, 2020.

1. JurnyWannaBe

JurnyWannaBe Squier-holic

Feb 14, 2019
    The last few weeks have been pretty stressful for Mrs. JWB and I. Mostly just from keeping the house, yards, and fields up. Her Mom is having health issues and there's been a couple of trips to the Dr. She's in her 80's and she's stubborn as an ox. She won't eat right and she doesn't take her meds like she should. That's got Mrs. JWB on her last nerve.
    Anyway, I got up yesterday and told the wife that we're "gettin' the heck outta Dodge today". She packed up some SlimJims, some fruit, a couple of bags of cashews and we hit the road. We amde a circuitous route that never took us more than an hour from home. If we saw a yard sale / thrift store / pawn shop / Goodwill we hit it. She picked up some nice things for her eBay store. I wasn't having muck luck until I stuck my head in a pawn shop. Low and behold, a White Rhino was hanging in the rack. I walked around for a few minutes to allow my nerves to settle down. I was able to talk the guy down to $120.00 for the guitar, a soft case, and a digital tuner. I was quite pleased :)
    The one on the right is the pawn shop Rhino. The one of the left is the one I got from @wickedtools .

P.S. I took y'all's advice and got some wall hangers to make more space in my geetar room :)

IMG_3342[1].JPG

2. Best1989

Best1989 Squier-holic

Apr 25, 2019
    Arequipa
    Congrats on the purchase! Any special plans for it?

MrYeats, dbrian66, Eddd and 4 others like this.
  3. Sounds good. A getaway and something for the you and the Mrs. Win win!
    Cheers, Barrie.

4. JurnyWannaBe

Feb 14, 2019
    I'm not sure yet. I'll probably end up selling it ... no sense in being greedy. I already have a nice one :)

5. JurnyWannaBe

Feb 14, 2019
    Oh yeah ... we definitely needed a break :confused:

6. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Dr. Squier

Jan 7, 2016
    Maryland, USA
  7. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    The local shops around here are near empty on guitars . Junk & high priced stuff is around ,but no SE's. ;(

MrYeats, dbrian66, mb doug and 2 others like this.
  8. Jazzamateur

Jazzamateur Squier Talker

Apr 27, 2020
    Germany
  9. Dana Rudd

Dana Rudd Squier-Meister

Mar 9, 2020
    Greybull, WY
    Congrats. It's good to get out once in a while. Even better when you both find something to buy.

10. Shine

Shine Squier-Nut

Nov 29, 2016
    Rings of Saturn
    Sounds like a winning day! Congrats on your NUGD.

11. Loin Lover

Loin Lover Squier-holic

Jul 26, 2018
    Backwoods, USA
    You are living right. HWRD!

12. Bluzy

Bluzy Squier-holic

Nov 20, 2017
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Cool story and congrats!. I love the all white strats. I actually like the hate bodies with black pickups, switches and pickguard as well, but all white....yeah boy!

MrYeats, Shine, dbrian66 and 2 others like this.
  13. ToneChaser77

ToneChaser77 Squier-Nut

Sep 29, 2019
    Milledgeville, Ga
    Two white Rhinos. You lucky dog. I'm not on the hunt but if I see one pop up for a decent price I'm getting it.I love the SEs. Much better mod platform than the NCs IMHO.

14. Eddd

Eddd Squier-Meister

Nov 20, 2019
    Canada
    Sounds exactly like my mom ,but she was almost deaf.Full volume T.v all the time .

MrYeats, dbrian66 and JurnyWannaBe like this.
  15. Eddd

Eddd Squier-Meister

Nov 20, 2019
    Canada
    What is a hate body?

16. jefffam

jefffam Dr. Squier

Jan 26, 2015
    Portland, TN
    So very good to get out and spend the day with no specific itinerary with the better half. When we could, Lisa and I would do that occasionally. Fun times.

It's great to just stumble onto a nice guitar, when you're not specifically looking for that particular guitar. Congratulations.

I'm glad you had a good day with the Mrs. Enjoy and value those times. They can end before you know it.

(Your MIL sounds a bit like me. My eating is pretty good, but I'm so sick of taking over a dozen different kinds of pills daily, not counting one I take multiples of. It gets very old.)

17. John L Rose

John L Rose Squier-holic

o_O Educate me - What features make it a "White Rhino"? (In addition the "White" part, of course.)

That's new to me too. Typo for "white"?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  18. Eddd

Eddd Squier-Meister

Nov 20, 2019
    Canada
    Most likely.

MrYeats, JurnyWannaBe and dbrian66 like this.
  19. dbrian66

dbrian66 Dr. Squier

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    The White Rhino is just a white SE. They only made the SE in three colors here in the states. Black, sunburst, and white. They made a ton of black ones, a lot of sunburst ones, but not very many of the white ones. Therefore they are kind of rare to see in the wild, like a white rhino!

MrYeats, Shine, Stratlover84 and 2 others like this.
  20. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-Axpert

I agree - I'm perplexed why everybody doesn't see it that way ?

MrYeats, DJGranite and JurnyWannaBe like this.