who all plays more than guitar?

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by 66musicmaster, Aug 12, 2010.

1. 66musicmaster

66musicmaster Squier-Nut

Dec 14, 2009
    Mount Airy, NC
    Just pondering. Who all plays more than guitar? I am the drummer for our blues band, because we have enough guitar players (EVERYBODY wants to be the guitar hero). And we have a bass player (our backup guitar player). I would probably be the weakest overall guitar player, even though I do a lot of arranging of our songs on my guitar and let the others take it from there. My chops just aren't quite confident enough.

My boy can play bass, drums, guitar, and is now learning piano. He is a musical sponge. He absorbs it all and like Bounty, he's a "quicker-picker upper". He's also only 10, so if he sticks with it, should have a promising musical career of some sort. He wants to write songs so bad it drives him nuts, but we aren't quite ready yet. He tries and I try to help him.

I also play bass in a contemporary church service. Which lets me keep up my bass playing a couple times a week.

Would like to be a guitar or bass player in my blues band, but then we'd have to find a drummer. Not easy to find good musicians that will hang out for little or no pay. And be committed to practicing, etc.

But I was wondering who all here plays more than guitar.

Randy

2. TwoMartinMan

TwoMartinMan Squier-Meister

I play and own: piano, harpsichord, soprano recorder, alto recorder, tin whistle, fife, 18th century military field drum (rope tension), bodhran (irish drum), and of course, classical, acoustic and electric guitars.

3. Cherokee

Cherokee <i>formerly dannyvawn</i>

Apr 28, 2010
    Isle of Lucy
    Guitar, piano, violin and I am starting to blow a mean harp. I mess around with a banjo, drums and others but not really that well. Just enough to have fun

4. 1935streetrod

1935streetrod Squier-holic

Feb 15, 2010
    michigan
    I can also play the radio.

5. pictoratus

pictoratus Squier-Nut

Apr 10, 2010
    Texas
    I play guitar, bass, harmonica, and can keep a pretty steady beat on drums.

6. AllroyPA

AllroyPA Squier-Axpert

Dec 14, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Have a bass and a harmonica also, but dont play either one very well. Just for kicks.

7. Phoenix59

Phoenix59 Squier-Nut

Jan 29, 2010
    South Dakota
    Bass, piano, organ and other keyboards, and drum a little.

8. chockybear

chockybear Squier Talker

May 20, 2010
    Australia
    Violin, Guitar and Bass

9. YeahDoIt

YeahDoIt Squier-holic

Jan 14, 2010
    Florida, USA
    I'll play anything. I'm just better at guitar probably because I practice it most.

I notice practicing rhythms on a plastic drum helps me with guitar rhythms. It all works together.

10. slotrod65

slotrod65 Squier-Meister

Dec 16, 2009
    The ¢heapo-sphere
    I play Guitar (after a fashion) and Bass, plus marching snare (Fife and Drum).

Phred

11. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Squier-Axpert Gold Supporting Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Swanton Ohio
    Guitar is my main insturment but I try to play steel,harp,mando,bass,ukulele,Dobro and keyboard.

12. 66musicmaster

66musicmaster Squier-Nut

Dec 14, 2009
    Mount Airy, NC
    Cool - a lot of versatile musicians here.

Randy

13. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Squier-Axpert Gold Supporting Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Swanton Ohio
    And with my Roland GR20 sync.I can make you believe I'm playin' sax.I've fooled a lot of people with it..

14. manticus

manticus Squier-Nut

Jun 3, 2010
    Columbus, OH
    I play guitar, bass, trumpet, french horn and baritone.