White or Black

White or Black pickguard

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DougMen

Dr. Squier
Jun 8, 2017
Honolulu, HI
Black with a maple neck looks hideous, especially when Fender uses it with white covers and knobs. It's almost as bad as using a red tort PG on a turquoise, sonic blue, or daphne blue body. 1533659944-02862000.jpg IMG_6050__67935.jpg fFLOW_Seafoam_Green_Strat_Maple_Neck_Us_T_5f6ec13752297.jpg
Looking again, those two aren't blues, but Surf and Foam green, which is just as bad, IMO.
Black with white covers and knobs is only slightly less obnoxious with a RW board.
11759d23e6b1d888d930749af64338a9.jpg
This olive green Strat would look nice if it had black knobs and covers, or a mint guard with these knobs and covers, but, like this, it makes me cringe.

Last edited:

AxelMorisson

Squier-holic
Nov 15, 2021
Fagaras, Romania
The correct answer is BOTH. You should get another identical neck+body combo and slip the second pickguard on. Sliiightly partial to black too but I have a nice set of parchment -on black, a very.."Blackie" look and I just love it.

Lanaka

AKA GhostGuitars
Platinum Supporting Member
Feb 11, 2020
Honolulu, HI
Changed neck from IL to Maple . Now going from HH to SSS Would " Whitish " or Black pickguard look better ? Think my camera is "crapping " out . Second pick is not good . Try to get a better one .

View attachment 247507 View attachment 247511 View attachment 247512

I really like the black HH on that charcoal metallic Strat!

However I realize yer asking about the cream knobs and parchment SSS covers with the pickguard. I voted black impulsevely, but after looking at the two pictures, I still preferred the black pickguard. But I suggest swapping out those cream knobs for parchment knobs.

Syco

Squier-Nut
Sep 11, 2022
Tuttle, Oklahoma
I really like the black HH on that charcoal metallic Strat!

However I realize yer asking about the cream knobs and parchment SSS covers with the pickguard. I voted black impulsevely, but after looking at the two pictures, I still preferred the black pickguard. But I suggest swapping out those cream knobs for parchment knobs.
Not the exact pickguard set up I'm gonna use , but it's what I have assembled at the time . I have an SH 2 & SH 4 I'm considering using , but I already have plenty of HH guitars .

Last edited:

Lanaka

AKA GhostGuitars
Feb 11, 2020
Honolulu, HI
I guess chrome-colored knobs and PU-covers would work better with the white and the black PG

Pup covers like these? 😁👍

Chrome_Covers-C(2000²).jpg

That's real chrome-plated brass covers. It's going in a white pearloid pickguard on a white Strat. Altho I'm getting a second set that's going into a black matte anodized aluminum pickguard on a black Strat with chrome-plated brass knobs.

Lanaka

AKA GhostGuitars
Feb 11, 2020
Honolulu, HI
Not the exact pickguard set up I'm gonna use , but it's what I have assembled at the time .

No probs, it's a mockup display to see what's the possibilities. Gotcha! 😁👍

Still I say black guard with parchment covers & knobs to tie in with that rather light tinted maple neck. Altho I gotta agree with DougMen that I prefer rosewood fretboards on dark guitars...actually all Strats, LOL!

However, ironically, my #1 favorite Strat is an 80s white guitar that has aged to a nice sandy parchment color with an almost cream single ply (originally white too) pickguard and glossy maple/maple neck!

KIMG0749.JPG