Where is a good place to buy a Tele body?

Discussion in 'Squier Telecasters' started by dbrian66, Dec 30, 2020.

1. dbrian66

dbrian66 Dr. Squier

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    Thanks! How was everything else? Weight is not a huge issue for me.

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  2. SoundDesign

SoundDesign Squier-holic

I have done two builds with ask bodies from him. First was perfect (traditional tele neck route) - a little on the hefty side but within reason. The P90 one I mentioned also had an issue with the alignment of the bridge / string through holes and bridge pickup route. To use the bridge holes, I had to route the pickup cavity a bit more on the high E side to get the pickup in and you can see a little bit of "daylight" (cavity) on the low E side of the bridge.

He's a very good ebayer and has many happy customers so I'm sure if I ordered more bodies, my satisfaction level would be much higher than 50%.

EDIT: I've used Tonebomb for two as well and everything was precisely done but they seem to only be living in the knotty pine "space" of late. Pretty quiet on their Ebay store.

Kenneth Mountain and dbrian66 like this.
  3. Afrika61

Afrika61 Squier-holic

Yeah, I was hoping to get a Jazzy body from them but they havn't responded to my enquiry about it.
    On the other hand the Mustang body that I got from ToneBomb worked wonderfully with the P90s and 24 inch neck:

Attached Files:

4. synapse2k

synapse2k Squier-Meister

Mar 2, 2018
    Brooklyn, NY
    pretty crappy relic job

5. drewcp

drewcp Squier-holic

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    I don’t see any relics in this thread?

6. dbrian66

dbrian66 Dr. Squier

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    I thought the same thing. I went back and found one of the linked guitars from @SquierFreak was a relict guitar from Rondo. I guess that is what @synapse2k was referring to.

Kenneth Mountain, Viking and drewcp like this.
  7. Block Head Ike

Block Head Ike Squier-holic

So don't buy it if you don't like it! I personally have had very good experience with both tele and strat bodies from GFS. Prices are good. Shipping is fast. finish is decent. I have also purchased "Blem" bodies from them with very minor surface imperfections for really low $$$ when they do special sales.

8. 63tbird

63tbird Squier-Meister

Jul 2, 2014
    las vegas, nv.
    Good for you Block head. Why build a partscaster with junk parts. Just buy a Squier and upgrade that . A co worker wanted me to build him a Strat from scratch but didn't want to pay my price. So a month or so later he shows up to work with a body and neck he bought from GFS

Body : unkown wood, coated in god knows what , pickup routes that went all the way thru to the trem spring cavity and not even close to a Strat body
    neck: frets not spaced correctly ,big a.. knot on the headstock , not usable at all

Needless to say it went straight into the trash can.

Can't get much worse then 'b' stock parts from China

9. 63tbird

63tbird Squier-Meister

Jul 2, 2014
    las vegas, nv.
    see post #28

10. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-Axpert

strat_strummer and dbrian66 like this.
  11. strat_strummer

strat_strummer John Silver Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2018
    RC addiction....
  12. Luvs2yoko

Luvs2yoko Squier-holic Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2014
    Pa
    I second that, a lot of body styles and options. High quality, made in America, and a nice guy.

13. strat_strummer

strat_strummer John Silver Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2018
    RC addiction....
    Takes awhile to get your order but quality takes time.:)

Kenneth Mountain, dbrian66 and Eddie like this.
  14. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-Axpert

Are his bodies full thickness ? I remember a seller selling nothing but skinny girls ?

dbrian66 likes this.
  15. DrewB

DrewB Squier Talker

Jan 3, 2020
    Independence, MO
    That bears no resemblance to my experience with an XGP Tele-style body and "GFS Basics" neck I bought because they were on-sale a year ago. I had to do significant work to the body because of my plan for it from the outset, but that was on me. The body is Poplar, which I like to make bodies from because its sound is clear, it machines well and is generally light in weight. Would I use the same body for this same design again? No, but the quality was fine and I turned it into a great result.

[​IMG]

Rick-T137, Viking, daan and 2 others like this.
  16. Wizzer

Wizzer Squier-holic

Jul 12, 2010
    Scottsdale, AZ