What's the "One" Guitar you would sell all your others for?

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by richieryan, Jun 21, 2010.

1. richieryan

richieryan Squier-holic

May 24, 2010
    NORMAN,OK
    I love modding and upgrading, but I think I might trade them all for a Kenny Wayne Shepherd Strat...:cool: Clear case of GAS:D

2. manticus

manticus Squier-Nut

Jun 3, 2010
    Columbus, OH
    The only guitar I truly want would be a custom build, because no one makes exactly what I want. I'm sure after I got it, I would want something different. :)

3. peskypesky

peskypesky -----------

Dec 19, 2009
    NYC
    for playing purposes there isn't one. i play in too many different styles, so i need several guitars of different types. that being said....

[​IMG]

4. wickedtools

wickedtools Dr. Squier Gold Supporting Member

May 16, 2010
    west texas
    Well I would hate to find the only "one" guitar, that would would end my "GAS" :D

5. Stratatattat

Stratatattat Squier-holic

Feb 7, 2010
    US
    i sold all of my guitars and parts to get a hold of a les paul...shortly thereafter, i began accumulating parts to build partscasters! lol. there is no cure for GAS. only more guitars...

6. BillStickers

BillStickers Squier-holic

Dec 14, 2009
    Central London, England
    A Jagstang, Burns, Strat, Jazzmaster, Jaguar custom hybrid with my own wiring.
    I already made it using cut outs jus like the Cob...

[more spooky Kurt Cobain stuff again, Bill }:(]

Silence, Mr. Brackets.

7. Vott

Vott Squier-Nut

Apr 21, 2010
    Louisville, Ky.
    At this point I'm getting together a nice little collection of bullets and an Affinity that I've upgrading mainly with gfs parts. So I can't say I'd be willing to sell them off. But the One guitar I will own one day will be a Fender American deluxe strat, in tungsten paint and maple fretboard, black pickguard.

[​IMG]

8. 5thumbs

5thumbs Squier-holic

Dec 19, 2009
    usa
    I would sell them ALL for a Rossington L.P.

9. bhamby111

bhamby111 Squier Talker

Jun 19, 2010
    Hickory, NC
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  10. 5thumbs

5thumbs Squier-holic

Dec 19, 2009
    usa
    Ok... i will up the pot ill toss in 1 Hound with the guitars! ;) for that Rossington.

Attached Files:

11. 66musicmaster

66musicmaster Squier-Nut

Dec 14, 2009
    Mount Airy, NC
    I'm not sure that "holy grail" exists for me. I'm pretty attached to the ones I have. Would like to add a couple more donw the road, but I can't think of any single guitar that I would sell all others to have. An SRV strat would be closest, probably.

Randy

12. Teleblooz

Teleblooz Squier-Meister

Dec 17, 2009
    Hillsboro, Oregon
    I'd sell all the rest to ransom my #1 - does that count?
    [​IMG]

13. ratdog472

ratdog472 Squier-holic

Jun 17, 2010
    Austin MN
    Simply:
    [​IMG]

Stage played of course.

14. BillStickers

Dec 14, 2009
    Central London, England
    OOOOooooooOOOOOooooo I like that... nice colour, subtle mod for character with the studs behind the bridge. Me likes :D simple but snazzy:cool:

15. BillStickers

Dec 14, 2009
    Central London, England
    I've always wanted a pretty Bigsby tremolo ever since I saw Keef with a Bigsby equipped black LP... back before I knew who Keef was :D about 4 years ago :D
    I can't be bothered with the simple look considering the price tag though :( I dream of getting one made with Art Deco or Art Nouveau cut and carved into the arm and with some bits elsewhere. I'd also like a Bigsby with a Giger aesthetic; organic curves and lines with little nodules and grooves with needles lying in them and parts that look like women's body parts and and and... thrown onto a crazy Giger guitar, not those Ibanez ones though, they're too subtle... FULL BLOWN GIGER WITH ALL THE NASTIES! :p:D... I even drew it :eek:

But they're dreams... Fevered Dreams of a Mad Man :eek:

16. BillStickers

Dec 14, 2009
    Central London, England
    Maybe I wouldn't trade 'em all really... admittedly I am attached... but I'd sure like to explore making this thing:
    [​IMG]
    I know it looks freaky* but in my head it looks cool... if only I could get it on paper or e-paper :(

I conceived this crazy idea back when I got my first guitar. Seeing it from a slight angle the belly contour created a different look that appealed. So I started sketching variations on the Strat. My friend soon leant me a Fender Catalogued History Book from which I drew inspirations from the Jaguar, Jazzmaster, Performer, Prodigy, Elite Series, Stratocaster, Telecaster and Jag-Stang. I sketched many ideas for a year. Then I came across Burns' Guitars. Their Strat variation [The Apache, The Legend, The Shadow etc.] got added to the mix as it had the shaping I saw in my Strat when it was slightly off front profile:D. It's mutant spawn... but I kinda like it...
    Burns' Legend+Fender Strat types+Jag Stang=Bill Stickers' Cirrus

*Ignore the fact it's a Black Strat... I just grabbed the nearest Strat JPEG on my Hard Drive. It's still JUST a concept... it's still far from the idea in my head...

17. Stratatouille

Stratatouille Squier-Meister

Jun 8, 2010
    Whitefish, MT
    I want one of these:)

Attached Files:

18. S. Rock

S. Rock Squier-holic

Dec 17, 2009
    Minnesota
    well, since most of my guitars are already vintage :
    1959 Gretsch Anniversary Model
    1973 Les Paul Deluxe with mini humbuckers
    2001 Gretsch "New" Jet (that my late dad helpped me to buy)
    1974 Alverez acoustic

my '93 MIM Squier Strat would sadly be the one to go. but I tend to keep guitars forever once I buy them. :D

although, one day I'd like to get one of these :

http://gretschguitars.com/gear/index.php?product=G6128TCG&cat1=&cat2=&q=&st=1

a Gretsch Caddy Green Duo Jet with gold trim. ;)

19. S. Rock

S. Rock Squier-holic

Dec 17, 2009
    Minnesota
    ahhh yes. a good ol' Gretsch G6120 DSW. excellent choice, pesky. :cool:

20. weelie

weelie Squier Talker

Dec 31, 2009
    hellsinkin'
    I'd take JJ Cale's Harmony H162 (bought for $50 in the late '60s). Before it broke down. I'd probably give it back to him, though. :D

[​IMG]

He called it a piece of s*it, but well, it sounded brilliant, in his hands.