what mods have you done to your jagmaster?

Discussion in 'Squier Duo-Sonic & Jagmaster' started by jakeisjake, Aug 13, 2010.

1. shanghaitele

shanghaitele Squier Talker

Jun 3, 2010
    Shanghai
    Hi guys.
    On my jagmaster I changed the pickups with a sd p-rail on the neck and a sd jb on the bridge. P-rail has a switch to select p90 coil, humb in series and humb in parallel, the jb has a switch to select series/parallel.
    Then I replaced the crappy saddles with 3 brass telecaster saddles. Bridge lay down on the body and I don't use the tremolo. Pics coming soon.

2. thejinn

thejinn New Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Stavanger
    Some mods.....

It was a roughly treated black and white one, so I painted it copper metallic with a red brownish pickguard.
    Added an additional pickup and some PU selector switches. One switch is for a circuit with two resistors mounted on the original PU switch to a tone cap mounted on the live pu wire. When I use the tiny switch mounted before the original PU switch, the guitar tone goes really mellow :)[​IMG]
    Finished up with a decal :)

Cheers :)

3. rompo

rompo Dr. Squier

Jan 24, 2010
    ARKANSAS
    Man that looks so good!!

4. VealCutlet

VealCutlet Squier-holic

Aug 9, 2011
    Brookyn, NYC
    I have plans...So far I've just dropped a GFS Mean 90 into the neck, and have reoriented the switch from vertical to horizontal. Work has been insane since September and should lighten up a bit, so I'm going to put in new pots with concentric controls for tone/volume for each PUP. Also, I'll probably replace the bridge PUP with a Dream 180 (or equivalent) and add a toggle for coil tapping (or is it splitting?)

I thought about adding a rhythm circuit but had the opportunity to get into a VM Jazzmaster (cheap), so that's satisfied me for the time being (then again, what mods to do with THAT one?)

5. shoom

shoom Squier Talker

I'm, putting a wilkinson 2 point trem with the big saddles from GFS on mine. put bill lawrence pickups in it most likely, sperzel tuners and probably a graptech nut

6. D34dBaWx

D34dBaWx Squier-holic

Dec 23, 2009
    Ark
    I modded mine alot. I love these guitars. Subbed. I hope to see more