What kind of strings do you use?

Discussion in 'Squier Telecasters' started by elfnub, Nov 4, 2019.

1. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    Daddario does make Fender strings. An email I got from a Fender rep said "the colored ball ends should be a clue as to who makes our strings".

2. BuddyLee

BuddyLee Squier-Nut

Aug 30, 2019
    Liberty SC
    Ernie Ball 2223 Nickel Super Slinky Guitar Strings - Buy 10, Get 2 Free https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000XZV9R0/?tag=squiertalk-20

If you got Prime you can get 12 sets for $42.

vlxerdon, Jim Belaye and Mr Bones like this.
  3. What kind of strings do you use?

D'Addario EXL 125

i-d-addario-exl125-xl-nickel-wound-9-46.jpg

Cheers, Barrie.

Mr Bones likes this.
  4. Matt Shevell

Matt Shevell Squier-Nut

Feb 5, 2018
    New York
    When I was a kid I liked Dean Markley the best
    Now I buy what’s on sale.
    .010’s for “regular” guitars, .009’s for a “ heavy metal “ guitar

I just put a set of Fender .010’s on a partscaster, very nice sound and snap

5. seua

seua Squier-holic

Mar 23, 2014
    France
    Dunlop, rev willy, 8.38, just fine ;)

6. Sunfist

Sunfist New Member

Nov 6, 2019
    Everett, wa
    I guess I have to be the odd-ball here . I use DR Pure Blues Strings. I usually use either .10's or .11's

BuddyLee likes this.
  7. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Squier-holic

Sep 2, 2015
    NYC
    So did I. I used only Dean Markley Custom Light strings for a long, long time.
    I would like to do that, because I'm a cheap bastid, but I've found that different string brands, even if they're the same gauge, can require different intonation settings and...

I'm a lazy bastid, too -- even lazier than I am cheap, I suppose. I stick with one brand (D'Addario EXL110) so I don't have to adjust my bridge saddles. :)

Matt Shevell likes this.
  8. BuddyLee

BuddyLee Squier-Nut

Aug 30, 2019
    Liberty SC
    I have a set on one of my Teles now. I like them. I just like the Ernie Ball Classic Rock & Roll equally and they are a bit cheaper. Both are nickel wound.

I first tried DR strings on my Mossman acoustic and I liked them.

9. so1om

so1om Squier-Axpert

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago now Sarasota
    Super Slinkies -9's on everything since 1977. I've tried other brands here and there, but I always come back to Slinkies for the consistency. This is for all my guitars.. Kramer, Gibson, Gretsch, Fender, Squier, Harmony....

vlxerdon and Jim Belaye like this.
  10. TimTheViking

TimTheViking Squier-holic

EB Super Slinkys. I have baby fingers. Even liked the 9's on my Epi LP Standard.

vlxerdon and Jim Belaye like this.
  11. Biddlin

Biddlin Squier-Meister

Apr 15, 2019
    SACRAMENTO. Ca usas
    [​IMG]
    I use these on my Gibsons and Epis. I switched from Ernie Ball after having several high E strings unwind at the ball end. While they are more expensive, they sound better longer. I get twice the useful life out ot the NYXLs compared to EBs. I'm still using Rev Willy's No. 7s on my Fenders.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    gearobsessed and BuddyLee like this.
  12. Best1989

Best1989 Squier-holic

Apr 25, 2019
    Arequipa
    I have always used 10's, but I think I'll be getting some 9's in next weeks to experience the bending difference.

13. gearobsessed

gearobsessed Squier-holic

Aug 21, 2013
    new zealand
    +1 these are the best strings I've found, and I've tried all the strings suggested here. I won't say they're the best for everyone, because taste is subjective but these are definitely my preference. I haven't seen if they make good acoustic strings though, do you know? Still using elixirs on my acoustic.
    I use 10's instead of 9's though.

14. chefjeff

chefjeff Squier-Meister

Sep 4, 2019
    California
    [​IMG]

Only strings I use any more. Far less breakage and bright sounding.

15. tuner sandwich

tuner sandwich Squier Talker

Jul 27, 2019
    SC, US
    Whatever my LGS has. Usually D'Addario or Ernie's.

I like to at least support my local shop with string purchases. And they have a rewards program. A wooden nickel with each pack of strings. (The shop is called Woody's) Each wooden nickel is worth a dollar.

I could save a few bucks online, but they let me play on my lunch break, so, I buy strings.

txflood likes this.
  16. Sollophonic

Sollophonic Squier-Nut

Ernie Ball Power Slinky 11s or D'Addario 11-52 for me.

vlxerdon likes this.
  17. Hugh

Hugh Squier-Nut

Dec 15, 2009
    USA
    I'm not too picky. As long as they're pure nickel on a round core with a 3rd wound I'm good.
    :)

LutherBurger likes this.
  18. Rey08

Rey08 Squier-Meister

Nov 18, 2017
    Illinois
    I like these Blue Steel strings. Because they are cryogenic activated, and I can really tell a difference. Well not really, but I like things that are blue. Well the strings aren't blue, but the packaging is. And one time they came with a cool sticker. They sound good on my guitar.

xqiea14kfkiqkupyrszn.jpg

drneilmb likes this.
  19. mumbo719

mumbo719 Squier Talker

Mar 4, 2017
    Tampa Bay
  20. Davey

Davey Squier-holic

Mar 31, 2015
    Monroe WA
    Been using D'Addario for decades but just switched to EB, good enough for Page :) I will admit I switched to save a few bucks. I buy all my gauges in 10 packs so it does add up.

vlxerdon likes this.