What is a Squier Strat SE?

Discussion in 'Squier Stratocasters' started by Masshole, May 29, 2017.

1. hrstrat57

hrstrat57 Squier-Meister

Aug 18, 2020
    Rhode Island
    The above SE pack is still listed on Boston Craigslist ^^

are y’all napping?

2. shingh2002

shingh2002 Squier-Nut

Sep 30, 2020
    UK
    Thanks, I didn't know it was a European thing. Funny how we seem to find CAs with the Squier branded tuners and pickup covers as well as the CAEs and CXSs.

Kenneth Mountain and mb doug like this.
  3. Guitcheap

Guitcheap Squier Talker

Nov 24, 2019
    Regina, Sask.
    I welcome this excuse to post a picture of my two SE's. They're fairly similar alright, both bo't 2nd hand (different sellers) for decent prices. But I was so impressed with the 1st one that I took a 2nd. And I was in the grip of serious GAS syndrome at the time. I upgraded the pups in one of them to some kind of Fender iteration. That made zero difference as usually happens. There is no justification for further upgrades. Except if you need better hdwe. To withstand the pressures of gigging. Both are fret leveled, outstanding players with no buzz strings kissing the frets all along. You get the chance to snag one of these do not hesitate. They're Fenders waiting to happen.

Attached Files:

4. Murkey

Murkey Squier Talker

Mar 11, 2020
    UK
    Nice pair of SRV looking Squier's, think I'll look out for an SE as I fancy modding a Strat and the SE looks a great guitar to start with.

5. LittleGiant

LittleGiant Squier-Meister

Apr 4, 2019
    Norway
    Sunburst with tortoise are really nice.

6. -r3-

-r3- Squier-holic

Jan 28, 2016
    NC Piedmont
    Hey there! You should create a new post in the Squier Stratocaster section of the forum w a title such as "PSA - White Rhino Squier SE, Needham, Mass". It will get a lot of views like that instead of embedded in this old thread about identifying SE's.

Thanks for sharing!:)

7. Guitcheap

Guitcheap Squier Talker

Nov 24, 2019
    Regina, Sask.
    Thanks guys for this SE discussion. I forgot to mention that serial number stickers are secure on both necks. Likely a sure fire authenticity feature. That's important because a lot of Fenders and other brands have made copies of the SE since they first arrived on scene.

8. hrstrat57

hrstrat57 Squier-Meister

Aug 18, 2020
    Rhode Island
    A find like that needs to be earned!

I might end up driving an hour and getting it myself tho the last thing I need is more strats.... :(

Looks unplayed, complete SE pack!

9. Jonathanbarton9

Jonathanbarton9 Squier Talker

Nov 6, 2020
    Sc
    Hey folks - this is my first time posting here and I think I just caught up on all the se knowledge. I’m in the process of building a parts caster out of a sunburst MIM body when I ran across this guitar with no serial number; which led me to this thread.

first of all, cheers to all of you and your amazing info

second, this is a couple hours away from me in hickory NC so I don’t think I’m going to pursue it if anyone wants it. Just look up “fender squier strat guitar and case” on fb marketplace around that area and I’m sure you’ll find it.

personally, I’d love to find a white squier se (as I’ve read many other would too LOL) did they make them in Olympic white or an off white color?

08CFBB63-DD7E-4C08-9979-30185E9B0BE6.jpeg B62255BE-1A69-426D-8D5A-9CC524F6FAEA.jpeg

10. Stratty83

Stratty83 Squier Talker

Mar 31, 2021
    Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
    New forum member and new Strat SE owner.
    Here's my guy, '04 model. Barely played but has some finishing issues. Plans to replace tuners and nut. Deck the trem and work on the electronics later on.
    PXL_20210401_003308328.jpg

11. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens Squier Talker

Oct 14, 2020
    USA
    I just bought another 2007 SE identical to my other 2007 SE (has the pickup covers removed). Both all stock but the new one with pickup covers weights 7.6 lbs while the other weights 7.2 lbs.
    As said the only difference is the PU covers are removed. Not that is a big deal but wondering why one would have weight more than the other? Was weighted without whammy bar. Think both are Agathis wood.

squire 2.jpg

12. Best1989

Best1989 Squier-holic

Apr 25, 2019
    Arequipa
    I don't know, but that is a beautiful picture.

13. drewcp

drewcp Dr. Squier

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    Both guitars are made of wood which can vary quite a bit in weight, even for the same species and same dimensions.

If you want a better idea of how much guitars can vary in weight, go to sweetwater.com and look at their guitar gallery info for some of the mid to higher priced guitars.

Screenshot_20210406-113418_Chrome.jpg

14. dbrian66

dbrian66 Dr. Squier

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    It’s probably just the density of the wood used. Different pieces of wood from the same species can more dense than others. Not sure why. Maybe the age of the tree? What part of the tree (more towards the center)? Or just what kind of growing conditions it was in? Those are all just guesses.

Great looking guitars by the way!

15. dbrian66

dbrian66 Dr. Squier

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    You beat me to it! LOL

Great minds think alike! :)

16. Jonathanbarton9

Nov 6, 2020
    Sc
    Found a local CSX squier strat in white with a perloid pickguard - looks a bit aged - what’s a fair price for those? Guys asking $200

Kenneth Mountain and dbrian66 like this.
  17. JurnyWannaBe

JurnyWannaBe Squier-holic

Feb 14, 2019
    That’s a hard question to answer lately. I live in East Central GA. Price is gonna vary some from area to area. If I remember correctly, the most I ever paid for a white SE was $125 and it came with a bag and other goodies.

18. drewcp

drewcp Dr. Squier

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    A white SE, in good to great shape, can sell for 100-150 USD pretty consistently. They are one of the more rare colors

19. Jonathanbarton9

Nov 6, 2020
    Sc
    Here are the pics I have - can’t tell a whole lot other than it was made in China in 04.
    Im curious about the other details like neck radius and such - does fuzzfaced have squier se models listed?
    1F48B9A2-7B9F-411C-BD5C-547588E551E0.jpeg F23EA881-5B2A-4918-88E4-C30AFC21DDF3.jpeg CADA2B24-A144-40E0-B05A-3932D4F0CD6C.jpeg

20. drewcp

drewcp Dr. Squier

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    That doesn't look like anywhere near a 200 dollar guitar to me, but I live in an area where deals and bargains are common