What do you think of the pickups Stock Ceramic on a Squier Bullet Telecaster Made in indonesia?

Discussion in 'Squier Telecasters' started by Neteel, Jan 22, 2021.

1. fadetoz

fadetoz Dr. Squier Gold Supporting Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Stock pups sound good. I do like Tex Mex allot though.

Stock Bullet

Tex Mex are in the Butterscotch.

2. DougMen

DougMen Dr. Squier

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    A lot of mis-information here. Yes, there are more cheap ceramics than alnicos. But, not all cheap pickups are bad. Guitar Madness is a great example of great sounding cheap pickups. And, it's all subjective anyway. One person might describe a pickup as rich and warm sounding, while another may describe it as dull and muddy. Conversely, one person might describe a pickup as clean and clear, and another might describe it as thin and shrill. There are good and bad ceramics, and good and bad alnicos. But, despite what some have said here, a large ceramic magnet will give a pickup more output, allowing the maker to use less winds on the coil to achieve the same output, saving time and money, because ceramic magnet are less costly than alnicos, and fewer winds saves money too. That's why those Bullet and Affinity pickups measure around 4k DCR, compared to the 6-7k of a typical alnico Tele or Strat pickup. It's also why hot HBs, even from expensive brands like Gibson, SD, and Dimarzio, will often have ceramic magnets, while vintage output HBs will generally have alnicos. Remember that HBs all have bar magnets, not rod magnets like Fender single coil types. DCR alone doesn't define a pickup's output. It's only one part of the equation. Those ceramic Squier pickups measure low DCR, but they have as much output as a 6k alnico pickup, because the large ceramic magnet creates a stronger magnetic field with a lower wind coil.

Neteel likes this.
  3. MyToyBrain

MyToyBrain Squier Talker

Mar 17, 2020
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Do the stock pickups change quality from country to country? Is like Indonesian quality better than Chinese for instance??

4. Neteel

Neteel Squier Talker

Oct 3, 2020
    Yarmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Out put of Indonesian ceramic Pickups on Telecaster Bullet is and compare to the Tex-Mex (Fender)
    CeramicNECK 4.3 K Ohm
    Alnico V (Tex-Mex) NECK 6.04 K Ohm
    Ceramic Bridge: 3.06 KOhm
    Alnico V (tex-Mex Bridge: 8.30K Ohm
    Really big difference in Output and when you try it you fall in Love with the Fender Tex-Mex.
    I like a lot my Ceramic Stock Squier Telecaster pickups, but Now I love the new tone of my Telecaster. First on Clean both are really good but in dirty the ceramic turm muddy and don't have enough bright, and on tex-Mex All frequencies are Great, Perfect Bass, Treble and mid. for 113$ CAD (88$USD) is a real deal to convert your guitar

. 3.6 bridge.jpg 4.3Neck.jpg 3.6 bridge.jpg 4.3Neck.jpg bridge8.30texmex.jpg 3.6 bridge.jpg 3.6 bridge.jpg 4.3Neck.jpg 4.3Neck.jpg bridge8.30texmex.jpg tex6.04 neck.jpg bridge8.30texmex.jpg tex6.04 neck.jpg

Mike

Viking, Rick-T137 and Twostratsfornow like this.
  5. Nduro

Nduro Squier-Meister

Oct 17, 2020
    Poland
    in squier bullet tele I exchanged the same Indonesian pickups for Fleor, the guitar came to life
    Fender tele MiM2009
    Bridge 10.45Kohm
    Neck 8.61K

Attached Files:

Hal Nico likes this.