Lanaka

Squier-holic
Feb 11, 2020
Honolulu, HI
Now playing in the Rotation:

2010 Fender Japan Standard Stratocaster 1H
and my Firefly 338.
FenJpnStdStrt+FF338-AZC(2x4).jpg

The basswood Japanese Standard is currently stock with the original Japanese "Dragster WW" humbucker (measured @ 7.5κΩ) in double cream bobbins with one 500k master volume pot before the output jack. The neck and headstock is one continuous piece of quartersawn satin maple with a glossy maple fingerboard that has simple black dot inlays. The humbucker is surprisingly pretty good with just a bit of dirt at max volume but cleans very nicely with a dial back of the volume.

The all-maple semi-hollow is patterned after the 335. The stock microphonic humbuckers were pulled in favor of a set of zebra humbuckers from a 2009 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Professional Burstbucker 3 (8.0κΩ) in bridge and the 57 Classic (7.5κΩ) in the neck. As such they provide a bit of grit that cleans well with a dial back of the pup's volume. I don't think it would be good idea to throw more dirt at this open semi-hollow guitar.

One thing I wouldn't mind is trying the Squier's Contemporary Starcaster sealed semi-hollow!

Lanaka

Squier-holic
Feb 11, 2020
Honolulu, HI
Was gonna reach for my XH300 or the S420, but someone asked me to take a few pics of this boi. Ended up spending the day with it.

2010 ESP LTD F-10-BLK
ESP_LTD_F10-FF-AZC(1920x4000).jpg

I swear this one sounds like a Hot Rails and a Distortion! 😁🤘

Lanaka

Squier-holic
Feb 11, 2020
Honolulu, HI
After talking about Fenders, I've been having these three out:

Memorial Day Set-AAZ(2000²).jpg
2010 Fender Japan Standard Stratocaster 1H (Blk)
1992 Fender Mexico Standard Stratocaster (CRM)
2000 Fender Starcaster S1 (Blk)

The Mexican is alder/rosewood. The Japanese is basswood/maple. The Starcaster is ... y'know, since I broke another string on this one it's high time I've taken a look under the pickguard.

Powerstroke

Squier-holic
Feb 18, 2021
Usa
After talking about Fenders, I've been having these three out:

View attachment 234781
2010 Fender Japan Standard Stratocaster 1H (Blk)
1992 Fender Mexico Standard Stratocaster (CRM)
2000 Fender Starcaster S1 (Blk)

The Mexican is alder/rosewood. The Japanese is basswood/maple. The Starcaster is ... y'know, since I broke another string on this one it's high time I've taken a look under the pickguard.
Speaking of fenders. 2004 fender telecaster I'm playing. 20220602_002307.jpg