What are you listening to at this moment?

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by mikesr1963, May 13, 2016.

1. Ahnlaashock

Ahnlaashock Squier-holic

Sep 21, 2014
    St. Louis Area
    I did not see this one listed yet.

2. One String Sam

One String Sam Squier-Meister

Jan 10, 2015
    The Moon
  3. One String Sam

Jan 10, 2015
    The Moon
    Had been neglecting the vinyl so went to the racks and this was at the front, I can still remember buying this with two Stranglers albums when given a £10 record token as a Christmas present in my early teens, had to add about £3 cash, you could still buy new vinyl for under £5 at that point, first half of the 80's.

Next up was the double vinyl of this album

Now this, I imported this from Canada, bought a second hand copy from someone there. Bootleg vinyl release from when Keith Levene, the guitarist from P.I.L, left the band and took the masters of what they had been recording and mixed them himself and flew to London to present them to Richard Branson as the finished new P.I.L album. John Lydon though decided to abandon these tapes and re record the album from scratch with session musicians which became the This Is What You Want...This Is What You Get album whilst Levene self funded a pressing of 10,000 copies of this and used the money made from these to press a follow up run of 30,000 copies and release it as direct competition to the TIWYWTIWYG album until Virgin stepped in with a cease and desist order against him. The album is an interesting snippet from that time as a comparison of what went on to be released by Lydon under the official P.I.L name.

Another one I can remember going into a shop and buying in the 90's

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    Angry Possum likes this.
  4. One String Sam

Jan 10, 2015
    The Moon
    Random grabs from the vinyl racks.

Now listening to Songs The Lord Might Have Taught Us, the original unreleased mixes of STLTU, it isn't on YT so I'll put the version which was originally released.

Now Dinosaur Jr in purple vinyl.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  5. One String Sam

Jan 10, 2015
    The Moon
    Todays random vinyl grabs

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    Stillhouse likes this.
  6. Abby the "Spoon Lady". An incredible sense of rhythm.

Cheers, Barrie.

Jim Belaye likes this.
  7. One String Sam

Jan 10, 2015
    The Moon
  8. Dinomikesr

Dinomikesr Squier-Meister

Nov 25, 2019
    South-East
  9. One String Sam

Jan 10, 2015
    The Moon
    Weighed myself last night and wasn't happy with what I saw so went out a walk today ignoring 95% of people not wearing masks, took ipod, first time in four months I've worn an ipod, and it was this album which was on and I enjoyed it.

Shine likes this.
  10. Shine

Shine Squier-Nut

Nov 29, 2016
    Rings of Saturn
    Frank and the Boys takin' it to the next level.

Kickstand likes this.