Canada
Squier_by_Fender_-_Bulletstrat_headstock.jpg

@noizmker :)

noizmker

Squier-Meister
Apr 9, 2022
Brazil
A fake Bullet?
I thought it was the only possible explanation but actually some bullet from China and Indonesia actually have that weird string placement. Looks like from specific years, mostly 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013... but not all of them. Just weird but it's fairly common I realized a few minutes ago

noizmker

Squier-Meister
Apr 9, 2022
Brazil
btw just a curious note: a luthier friend of mine told me some Bullets and Affinities from 10+ years ago despite not having sealed tuning pegs at least are made in Korea and they would stay stiff even after 10 years. Today it seems it's a mixed bag; there are 3 styles of tuning heads ... just to get an idea my Bullet Mustang has superior tuning heads than 2 affinities I've tried. But affinity neck is far superior in my humble opinion, at least compared to a few 2008/2009 indonesian models. Even weirder is Chinese bullets almost never use vintage style saddles which is a good thing to most people

AxelMorisson

Squier-Nut
Nov 15, 2021
Fagaras, Romania
Can confirm there have been changes- here's a modern (2021 and in the back, a 2022 Bullet) : Both string trees are before the q in Squier and the first is about where the S tail starts. On the affinity the string tree is about where the S and q come near each other (but never touch). Still take a look below at the second and third picture- a squier mini 2019 is a whole different business (both before the S even) and a Mustang from 2020... the second is on top of the S and it also has a 70's (hammer/ large) headstock. Yes it is a great variety- I don't have any older ones but yes there were significant differences. Early MIC and MIK Strats were seriously all over the place... not to mention other varieties. So yeah, it could still be legit.... IMG_0032.JPG IMG_0034.JPG IMG_0033.JPG

AxelMorisson

Squier-Nut
Nov 15, 2021
Fagaras, Romania

here on this site , an older thread found this to be a 2004 Indonesian squire. The rest is not a match but look at the headstock style. Transitional models are also a mixed bag of parts that you could swear they are fake- they are right in-between, a mish-mash of various parts..Maybe it was 2004-2005 or something...right before a redesign, parts are matched by the bin...

Wound_Up

Squier-Meister
Jan 28, 2020
Shreveport, LA
r

placement. Most Squiers Bullet I've seen have the first string Stree right before S and the last tree (E and B) is placed at around letter Q
Fender lines up the first one(outermost string tree) with the 2nd tuner and goes from there. If it ain't inline with the tuner, Fender/Squier didn't do it.

See below for multiple examples

download (11).jpeg images (49).jpeg download (12).jpeg images (50).jpeg images (51).jpeg

noizmker

Squier-Meister
Apr 9, 2022
Brazil
I think I'll buy this 2011 model. Super comfy neck, made in China, no previous owner.
I found out a korean 1994/95 slightly cheaper but its neck is beefier and not so comfortable to me.

noizmker

Squier-Meister
Apr 9, 2022
Brazil
Who's going to fake a $100.00 guitar?
Aliexpress and obscure aliexpress derivatives. There is a whole subworld that is not that hidden in India and perhaps China that sell Bullet, Affinity, etc. There are quite few people who ordered a Squier in India and received a no logo 26 dollar fake. I assume mostly in India and China because they are the biggest countries in the world

A few weeks ago you could buy Squier Mustang, Jaguar and Classic Vibe from some chinese websites I'm not supposed to post here because I don't want to give scammers temptation to buy them and resell it. Another point is that aliexpress at least is cleaning up fake Gibson and Fender guitars but sometimes they can't clean all ads. Plus considering that in USA people don't save receipts and that Ebay is one of the easiest places to buy fake stuff...

Last edited:

Latest posts