"Waymore Blues" Acoustic!

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by SquierTap, May 15, 2021.

1. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    Well, shocking, but this is my FIRST post with an acoustic guitar since I've been a member here on the forum for a few years now... But, I think the occasion calls for it...

I'm playin my old Alvarez acoustic/electric that I know basically NOTHIN about... Other than; My Dad got it for me around 1996 from Rose Guitar in Hendersonville, here in Tennessee... It sounds better than it has in a while thanks to a set of elixir light gauge strings and a set of metal end pins a friend gave me... Don't know what KIND of metal... It has a piezo pickup built INTO the bridge, but I'm playin it unplugged...
    So, as we listen... Any of you guys ever seen another Alvarez like this one?

SubSailer671, 13druber and fattboyzz like this.
  2. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016
    I own three Alvarez acoustics but none with a cutaway or a pickup. As for those metal bridge pins, they could be brass or, if your friend has a lot of money, Martin has a set of Liquidmetal (like the guy in the Terminator movie) which is a zirconium alloy.

Alvarez has a guy I also email stuff when I have questions about the guitars. I can find his email and you can send a picture and some information and he will do his best to help you out. Those older Alvarez had a confusing numbering system, generally four numbers, so you really have to have some reference material to sort through them.

SquierTap and fattboyzz like this.
  3. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Dr. Squier

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    That was gr8 ;)

Nice pikkin & strummin !

SquierTap likes this.
  4. waylonfan

waylonfan Squier Talker Silver Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2018
    Wilmington, Il
  5. surf green

surf green Squier-holic

Jul 15, 2014
    RI
    Nice job, that old git has quite a ring to it. Travis Tritt is interested if you ever decide to sell.

SquierTap and 13druber like this.
  6. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    That would be awesome... I'd LOVE to learn some more about this old guitar... I love it to death, lol...

fattboyzz likes this.
  7. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    Thanks, Fattboyzz... 'preciate it...

fattboyzz likes this.
  8. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    Big surprise, comin from you... ;)

9. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    Lol, I don't know about Mr. Tritt, lol... I watched a celebrity ghost story with him the other day, and he seems like a helluva nice guy... I THINK my Dad paid about $600-$700 for it back in '96, but it's been beat up quite a bit since then... Don't know if ANYONE would ever wanna buy it, but I LOVE it and have had it all these years as my main acoustic...

10. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016
    P.M. sent.

Last edited: May 15, 2021