Waylon Jenning's autobiography

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by surf green, Sep 14, 2021 at 9:33 PM.

1. surf green

surf green Squier-holic

Jul 15, 2014
    RI
    Otis Gibbs does a great job reading some interesting passages from Waylon's autobiography. I expected to hear some wild stories of Waylon & friends, but was enlightened and saddened to learn what "life on the road" was really like for country stars in Jennings era. Worth the time, take a listen, post a song.

speelyei likes this.
  2. speelyei

speelyei Squier-Nut

Sep 22, 2020
    North America
    I really enjoy and appreciate Otis and his records, podcasts, and YouTube channel. He’s eased a lot of miles and a lot of lonely drives for me. I like it best when he tells his own stories and talks about what he’s up to.
    His album Hoosier National is great, all the way through.

surf green likes this.
  3. speelyei

speelyei Squier-Nut

Sep 22, 2020
    North America
    My Dad was a big Waylon fan, had a bunch of old LPs, like Waylon and the Kimberlys and The One and Only. Of course we played the 8 track of his Greatest Hits until the tape broke. Dad explained how Waylon had been Buddy Hollys friend and played in his band, and how he’d taken a hiatus from music after his friend had died.
    Waylon is buried close to my house, I went to see his grave shortly after we moved.

something that took me a long time to appreciate about Waylon is how he’d give you just the littlest bit… a fill here or a phrase or two there, that just leaves you wanting more.