"Voice" Of Reason...

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by SquierTap, Jun 29, 2020 at 3:31 PM.

1. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Squier-holic

The smarter a person is, young or old, the more they understand how much they'll never know. It's the non-smart ones who think they know everything.

2. Dr Improbable

Dr Improbable Squier-holic

Apr 4, 2015
    Wisconsin
    Wow. See my Sig for my opinion on that sort of behavior.

3. Toddcaster64

Toddcaster64 Squier-holic

Apr 1, 2013
    Ventura
    Sounds like a truly horrible time. Not trying to be a jerk here, I just don’t think I could listen to that for very long. You have far more patience than I.

Jim Belaye likes this.
  4. Bluzy

Bluzy Squier-holic

Nov 20, 2017
    Hudson Valley, NY
    I find the best responses is to tell that person a good guitarist makes any piece of equipment sound good. And then ask them if they sound $1000 better with X than y at the lower cost. I am not going to say there isn’t a difference in expensive gear. But I can buy all of the most expensive gear on the planet and it wont make me sound any closer to (name your favorite guitar player) Than I do now, and a well set up guitar often can sound quite good (especially in the right hands)

Jim Belaye and Forum Guest like this.
  5. so1om

so1om Squier-Axpert

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago now Sarasota
    Dunning-Kruger effect

Davis Sharp and Triple Jim like this.
  6. fuelish

fuelish Squier-Nut

Kind of like how my Tweaker has the USA/AC/Brit switch, not to mention Vintage/Modern, Normal/Bright, Tight/Deep, Hot/Clean switches, and they all seem to interact differently with the standard eq controls … Man, this amp is a rabbit-hole in and of itself, but it's got a lot of variety, is a lot of fun, sounds good, and has been reliable so far. I understand the tonal changes, but couldn't tell you the how. Add a Brian May Special to it, and you can be busy for hours accomplishing nothing but flipping switches and twisting knobs … but, no problems, am still home recovering from a hip replacement, so, time is one thing that I have ;)