Vintage Modified Baritone Jazzmaster Bridge Mods?

Discussion in 'Squier Vintage Modified models' started by Lou1331, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Lou1331

Lou1331 New Member

Apr 1, 2018
    Mississppi
    I found a used, like new, Squier Vintage Modified Baritone Jazzmaster. I've been wanting one of these for a while. Over-all...I love these & with a few upgrades & TLC they're nice, especially for a 30" scale Baritone in that price range. I plan on upgrading the electronics, replacing the tuning machines & hardware...But mainly I've got to replace that bridge. That bridge is the only reason I haven't bought one yet. Anyone have any idea of what I can replace that bridge with without a lot of body mods? I could just drill some string-thru holes, put in some string ferrules, & slap a Hipshot hardtail on it...but that aside...The only thing I can think of is the string-thru holes, ferrules & a Jaguar bridge...or a Tune-O-Matic style bridge, which will still require drilling at least 2 holes, that is if the first part will fit in the 2 stock bridge holes...So anyways, ideas and/or opinions? Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Rusty Rarorblade

Rusty Rarorblade New Member

Jun 13, 2020
    Birmingham, AL
    The bridge has a 3" stud spacing, and most bridges I find are 2 29/32".

If anyone has suggestions for 3" spaced bridges, please share them.

I have ordered 2 floating bridge posts, but Embie hasn't responded in weeks, and there's no tracking. So far I'm out $40. Paypal is supposed to let me know something.

I found a couple of 3" compensated aluminum bridges, but want stationary posts, so didn't order the dog bone or bow tie plate. I strum kind of hard sometimes, and I don't want it to move around on me.

I'm looking for the thread sizes for those post bushings of the original, so I can order conversion posts.

I love the guitar except for a few things, and have already addressed the other issues. Today I ordered a Duesenberg Les Trem II, even though I had already bought a bigsby B5 for it. It's just too long to be sure I can always use the strings I like, so I took 2-3" off with the Duesenberg, which has no roller bar. I'm now also looking for the right roller bar, and checking out the spacing between it and the bridge on other guitars. Most people space it evenly, but that would give me the same issue as the Bigsby, so I'm going to pull it in tighter, if I even need a downward tension bar, not sure yet.