Traded for some heavy treasure today

Discussion in 'Heavy Metal Thunder' started by byronius, May 26, 2015.

1. byronius

byronius Squier-holic

Mar 31, 2012
    Oklahoma
    Aha lol. I love cheap guitars some are exceptions to the rule and others just need a little work to be good players for sure

2. byronius

byronius Squier-holic

Mar 31, 2012
    Oklahoma
    Thank you sir

3. byronius

byronius Squier-holic

Mar 31, 2012
    Oklahoma
    I have not looked that up ha1b. Maybe someone can chime in on it

4. Acidhouse

Acidhouse Squier-holic

Sep 16, 2010
    Birmingham . . . Alabama

They were never made in the Ibanez factories. There is a guy who had a website on a Squier HM3. It was a crackle finish. He stated that they were made in the Ibanez factory and the rumor has spread. It was one of the first sites about an HM so there was no other information. Where that comes from is that the HM3s and above are almost dead ringers for the Ibanez Sabres. Since they looked so spot on, an assumption was made that they were really made by the same mfgr that was producing the Sabres. The Sabres were being made out of Japan and I'm about 90% leaning towards the HMs being made by Cort. To add to the confusion, Cort does handle MIK manufacturing for Ibanez.

5. fett

fett Squier-holic

Jun 10, 2015
    Lynnwood, WA
    I love these HM's. I have a few. A few years ago, I saw a HM guitar at a pawn shop. I didn't know the name. I had to have him take it off the wall so I could feel and see it. It was way cool. It had sharkies and everything. We got to talking price. I asked him if it came with a case. He had to find it. Done deal for $200 out the door. It wasn't a Squier. It was a Heartfield Talon V. By Fender. 1991. Top of the line. I was shocked.

6. byronius

byronius Squier-holic

Mar 31, 2012
    Oklahoma
    Now that is cool

7. fett

fett Squier-holic

Jun 10, 2015
    Lynnwood, WA
    It is. It's Rare and I don't care. I love my Squier HM's. I have, at least, 5 neck through Stagemasters. I love not having to worry about posterity. Squiers are a dime a dozen. With all due respect.

8. byronius

byronius Squier-holic

Mar 31, 2012
    Oklahoma
    Exactly I think that is why we all like them

9. fett

fett Squier-holic

Jun 10, 2015
    Lynnwood, WA
    Just a chat about that. Don't dent a Fender. Don't mess with a Gibson. I take the low road. I would rather have 20 $100 guitars than 1 $2000 guitar. Call me Crazy.

10. byronius

byronius Squier-holic

Mar 31, 2012
    Oklahoma
    Me too. Make it what you want your way I love it