This is an amazing forum... here i go again...

miket1117

Squier-holic
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 31, 2018
Kansas City
cheerleading.

but i continue to be astounded, impressed and humbled by this forum.

when i first joined ST, i figured it was all about the guitars, the mods, the technical details, etc.... and it is.

but since then, i have found much more than that. members who share their life, their history, their trials and tribulations, defeats, successes, health issues with themselves or their loved ones, and more.

in other words, sharing their real lives and their real personalities. in this day and age, this, to me, is truly wonderous and special. we all seem to be completely honest and open-hearted - warts and all. and yet, no one really passes any judgement (except tonewood debates! lol...).

yeah, we all came here because of our love of music, guitars and gear, whether seeking advice or just wanting to learn more, that's where we started.

and look at us now. this has absolutely GOT to be the best eff'n forum on the whole internet. i've cried at other's heartbreak and loss, i've prayed and hoped for someone's betterment, i've laughed at the stupid stuff we've posted, i've learned a LOT, and i've (hopefully) contributed. and so so many of us here have done the exact same thing. gosh...what more can you ask?

i am so glad to have found this place, made connections - however tenuous, however distant - from New York to New Guinea, from Japan to the UK. we're all in this together and i love it.

thank you all and peace and love to you all.

Lanaka

AKA GhostGuitars
Platinum Supporting Member
Feb 11, 2020
Honolulu, HI
cheerleading.

when i first joined ST, i figured it was all about the guitars, the mods, the technical details, etc.... and it is.

but since then, i have found much more than that. members who share their life, their history, their trials and tribulations, defeats, successes, health issues with themselves or their loved ones, and more.

in other words, sharing their real lives and their real personalities. in this day and age, this, to me, is truly wonderous and special. we all seem to be completely honest and open-hearted - warts and all. and yet, no one really passes any judgement (except tonewood debates! lol...).

yeah, we all came here because of our love of music, guitars and gear, whether seeking advice or just wanting to learn more, that's where we started.

and look at us now. this has absolutely GOT to be the best eff'n forum on the whole internet. i've cried at other's heartbreak and loss, i've prayed and hoped for someone's betterment, i've laughed at the stupid stuff we've posted, i've learned a LOT, and i've (hopefully) contributed. and so so many of us here have done the exact same thing. gosh...what more can you ask?

i am so glad to have found this place, made connections - however tenuous, however distant - from New York to New Guinea, from Japan to the UK. we're all in this together and i love it.

Yup, there's a word in Hawai'i: ʻOhana. That means "family."

There's a saying I think applies to here and us:

ʻO Ka Hale Kahi O Ka ʻOhana.
Home Is Where The Family Belongs.

I consider Squier-Talk to be my internet home. Not Twitch altho I do know a LOT of people there too. Definitely not YouTube. And I dont waste any time on Facebook, Tik Tok, Twitter and all other social medias.

grizzlewulf

Squier-holic
Dec 11, 2020
Lucerne, California
If I had to guess, I would think there's something in the premise of this forum that makes it such a generally welcoming group. We're all here to appreciate budget guitars, which leads to the following generalizations:

Musicians who generally don't look down their noses at others

Mostly working class people (or at least folk who have lived modestly enough in their lives to appreciate good value)

Resourceful/DIY inclined folk (we love Squiers, but we know it takes a little elbow grease and ingenuity to bring out the best in them)

People who love music for music's sake, and not for some imagined prestige in the name on their headstocks

A lot of different skill levels helping one another out

Anyway, I'm rambling. Cheers, you knuckleheads.

Naked Strat Brat

Squier-holic
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 27, 2022
North, Snow, UFO Ville!
cheerleading.

Same to you, what a great person you are. I feel blessed beyond all else to be here and a part of this forum. Everyone is top shelf!

Led Pants

Squier-Meister
Jan 4, 2013
Iowa
My Squier II was my first real electric, but over time pretty much got put into the closet as I got into other guitars, only to be played when I felt nostalgia for a Strat. When the wife and I bought our current home in 2004 I got into guitar refinishing/repair/building as my band days were pretty much over, but it took another 9 years to find and join this forum. I decided to look into exactly what a "Squier II" was, and stumbled onto this forum, joining January 4, 2013.
Being as I have a Squier II, (a short-lived Squier breed) I feel a part of this family, but maybe the blacksheep of said family?? Long-lost and un-known child from out of wed-lock?? The child who ran away then returned?? The one nobody talks about because he was 'resting' in a 'hospital'?? lol

Eddie

My Squier is on Fire !!!
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2016
New York
My Squier II was my first real electric, but over time pretty much got put into the closet as I got into other guitars, only to be played when I felt nostalgia for a Strat. When the wife and I bought our current home in 2004 I got into guitar refinishing/repair/building as my band days were pretty much over, but it took another 9 years to find and join this forum. I decided to look into exactly what a "Squier II" was, and stumbled onto this forum, joining January 4, 2013.
Being as I have a Squier II, (a short-lived Squier breed) I feel a part of this family, but maybe the blacksheep of said family?? Long-lost and un-known child from out of wed-lock?? The child who ran away then returned?? The one nobody talks about because he was 'resting' in a 'hospital'?? lol

The answer is easy for that one ... buy a few more Squiers. :)

Latest posts