The Stratosphere Texas Specials.

Discussion in 'Pickup Joint' started by squierTony, Feb 21, 2021.

1. squierTony

squierTony Dr. Squier

Jul 4, 2012
    MAUD Oklahoma
    *NEW Hot Texas Blues for Fender Stratocaster PICKUP SET Strat Pickups Black

Anyone tried these? 309A94E1-B291-4565-847F-178C500A7524.png
    Description: Hot Texas Blues for Fender Stratocaster Single Coil Pickup Set- Staggered, Enamel-Coated Alnico 5- Black Covers

Average Output: Neck 6.4K, Middle 6.4K (Reverse Wound/Reverse Polarity), Bridge 7.2K

Condition: New

Comments: This is our version of the beloved Fender Texas Special but with a slightly more overwound bridge position (by customer request!). The tone is pure Stevie Ray Vaughan, larger than life & ideal for blues rock. It delivers the amazing mid range "chirp" you love with a tight low end and perfect amount of treble response. The beefed up bridge pickup balances out this amazing set so that all positions play together beautifully. We have had this line manufactured in volume in order to provide you the best possible value on the market for alnico magnet designed pickups. Get yours today!

2. Rodiebobw

Rodiebobw Squier-holic

Jan 12, 2020
    Rockwall, Tx.
    I saw these, thought about getting a set.. No data though other than the description from Stratosphere! Anything?

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  3. corn

corn Squier-holic

Feb 27, 2013
    San Diego
    They definitely know ,sales
    Pitch ,,I bet they ain’t bad

4. zook

zook Squier Talker

May 17, 2010
    Cochise, Arizona
    I have a set. They are just fine, plenty of snap as well as a smooth neck pickup.

squierTony and Hal Nico like this.
  5. squierTony

squierTony Dr. Squier

Jul 4, 2012
    MAUD Oklahoma
    I actually have my second set in an Affinity. These seem a bit brighter than the first set but that might be because it could have a different value cap. I need to check it out and see.

6. JohnnyMac

JohnnyMac Squier-holic

Mar 5, 2018
    Front range Colorado
    I’m ready to replace a set of Tex Mex in one of my Strats. I wonder how similar/different those would be.

7. archetype

archetype Squier-holic Silver Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Western NY, USA
    drewcp likes this.
  8. ant_riv

ant_riv Squier Talker

Aug 29, 2012
    Chicago
    I have a set that I purchased in a pre-wired PG.
    I hope to get them installed on Wednesday.