The right Squire guitar, the right forum and the right song for here I hope

Discussion in 'Surf Music Forum' started by PangPang, Jul 30, 2020.

1. PangPang

PangPang Squier Talker

Jul 17, 2020
    Macau

I found footage of me gigging with my 10 year old daughter for a charity event which we played surf music and used a Squire Strat. As I am new here, I keep trying to be careful posting things that are more relevant. Didn't want to be blocked and kicked out as I find people here friendly and information very useful. Hope you enjoy the video. Cheers!

Ray and Mina

2. PangPang

PangPang Squier Talker

Jul 17, 2020
    Macau
    Gee!!! I didn't know until now that it is spelled Squier, not Squire! Oh boy...how embarrassing...

3. corn

corn Squier-holic

Feb 27, 2013
    San Diego
    Hey at least you caught it before you spelled it wrong the rest of your life
    :)

4. Best1989

Best1989 Squier-holic

Apr 25, 2019
    Arequipa
    Awesome, another great video! I didn't comment this on your other post some days ago, but it's great to see you two playing and enjoying some cool musical moments together.

On a side note, I would have never imagined a PRS as a surf guitar lol

5. 5ofeight

5ofeight Squier-holic

Nov 14, 2016
    Glasgow
    That was a who lot of fun..

6. PangPang

PangPang Squier Talker

Jul 17, 2020
    Macau
    Late is better than never! :p

7. wickedtools

wickedtools Dr. Squier

May 16, 2010
    west texas
    Enjoyed it very much, sweet Strat:)

8. Bluzy

Bluzy Squier-holic

Nov 20, 2017
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Cool deal! She’s good!!!!!

9. Eddie

Eddie Squier-Axpert

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    That's awesome !!! I love it !

10. PangPang

PangPang Squier Talker

Jul 17, 2020
    Macau
    Thank you! It was quite a lot of fun. And the PRS.....it was not too bad if you ask me. The Jaguar we have which we love so much, boy, the low E string keeps jumping out (it wasn't like that when I first got it but after 2 shows, it started to happen) so I am still waiting for my luthier to see how the issue can be resolved without costing too much. The PRS is second most reliable guitar we have besides the Squier Strat and by using an Oceans 11 or a surf rider pedal, I'd say I am happy with the sound.

11. PangPang

PangPang Squier Talker

Jul 17, 2020
    Macau
    thank you!!! This Squier strat, I am very happy with it now. We wanted a surf green on but the shop sent this one and insisted it was green. :p It says sonic blue but I really don't think it looks the same as the Beatles sonic blue unless my glasses are incorrect. This Squier sonic blue looks more like white jade to me. However, this color grows on me and after knowing for real how reliable it is, it's hard not to love it. I regret not to get a Squier Jaguar but got a Fender jag instead, which played well only for 2 gigs. It's fixable though I am sure though....

12. PangPang

PangPang Squier Talker

Jul 17, 2020
    Macau
    Don't know why it's sonic blue (cos it's not like the Beatles sonic blue at all) but the color grows on me despite it was an incorrect shipment originally. :) It looks quite special on the a white wall and i have not seen any strat in this color anywhere else...

Attached Files:

13. Best1989

Best1989 Squier-holic

Apr 25, 2019
    Arequipa
    Under that light, I don't know if I should call it pale blue or pale green lol It's a good looking color, though!

Kenneth Mountain and PangPang like this.
  14. IronSchef

IronSchef Dr. Squier

Jun 18, 2012
    Flew here on my Dragonfly
    that is AWESOME!!!

TY for sharing! :)

gmt124, Kenneth Mountain and PangPang like this.
  15. PangPang

PangPang Squier Talker

Jul 17, 2020
    Macau
    You are right!!! Pale is the word. I keep using the word jade....it's like a pale white blue greenish jade to me. The invoice/documents/birth cert. say sonic blue; my luthier said sonic blue but whatever it is, it's quite beautiful. So a guitar that arrived and sank my heart when I first unboxed it became the family's favorite. ;-))) And that's how I got here in this Squier talk surf music forum!

16. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    We talk about and love all things guitar related here! It doesn't have to be Squier related!

17. PangPang

PangPang Squier Talker

Jul 17, 2020
    Macau
    Thanks for telling me such a friendly thing!!! We are def. new to this forum thing (less than 1 month anywhere!) but we don't get to see very many people who play the guitar around us in my town to ask for tips and advice, or simply to share or catch up (either the kids are too busy playing with the phones, or the adults who used to play now are only too busy, trying to make a living and forgot about how cool playing the guitar is) so i thought it'd be a good idea to engage in exchange a bit, or else we'd be like "shutting oneself up in a room making a cart" (chinese proverb). Some forums don't have very many users posting or replying, some flagged me for I have no idea why (or for reasons that make our hearts sink despite it's 2020) and even the moderator (who i didn't know of course) had to reinstate my posts or videos and even apologized. I came across this Squier talk forum just because we have a Squier and we really love it, and I just happened to stumble in here cos for 95% of the time, we play surf only, and it says it's a surf forum. As a newbie, I thought I'd better be careful, behave and all. ;-)))

So thank you!!!! ;-))

Ray and Mina

18. miket1117

miket1117 Squier Talker

Mar 31, 2018
    Kansas City
    this is a great forum! like a lot of folks i originally came here seeking advice on a Squier Strat i had just bought... knew nothing about Squiers. i was surprised by how quickly members posted replies, asked questions... everyone seemed genuinely interested in helping and being supportive.

you'll like it here!

gmt124 likes this.
  19. PangPang

PangPang Squier Talker

Jul 17, 2020
    Macau
    It IS a great forum! We are loving our Squier Strat like crazy now and to a certain extend, it has something to do with finding friendly folks here. i have guitars of other brands too, but this is the only one I hang out. ;-)

So, Kansas City eh? There's where I went to school 30 years ago. Hope you guys are doing well there!

gmt124 and fattboyzz like this.