I’ve started taking apart and cleaning up the M-80 I bought a couple weeks ago. I’ve decided to go relatively mild (for me) in the modding approach for this guitar. I’ve taken off most of the accessories and am working on the pots (they are hot glued in, weirdly) and I’ll be replacing the pickups, upgrading the pots to 2 push/pull CTS 500k audio taper pots on the volume and 2 regular 500k CTS linear taper pots for the tone knobs. I’ll also be soldering in a set of .22 orange drop capacitors. I plan on splitting the coils of the new pickups. I bought a set of nickel covered pickups with Alnico 2 magnets in the neck and Alnico 5 magnets in the bridge. Got them from a custom builder off eBay that I’ve used before with great results. I like the new look it will bring. Here’s a test shot. It appears I’ll have to mildly route the inside cavity of the bridge pickup slot because that pickup doesn’t seem to fit. It’s less than a mm too fat. I polished the frets and conditioned/oiled the fretboard. You can see how dry it was in this shot! The last part of this project makes me the most nervous. The previous owner did something to the back that put in a ton of scuffs along the back that look like they’re from a belt. I’m hoping I can use a handheld buffer and some different grit polish to get them out but I may have to wet sand which has me a bit anxious. Anyway, I’ll update this thread when it’s completed.