The Holy Grail Squier

Lanaka

AKA GhostGuitars
Platinum Supporting Member
Feb 11, 2020
Honolulu, HI
While it's not a Squier, I have a 2010 Fender Japan Standard Stratocaster. It easily takes the prize for the best build and finish quality in my herd. Methinks that most Squiers hailing from the land of the Rising Sun oughter be of similar quality.

388FF940-C94C-4F7A-A08B-F2BC18E501B5.jpeg
2010 Fender Japan Standard Stratocaster
J-Craft Standard Series.

Of course, I have to qualify that there's always a chance thwre may be a line or a factory that has substandard quality, and even at the best ones there's always a small chance of getting a lemon. 😉😁

the_dude

Squier-Nut
Feb 17, 2021
Japan
I have 7 guitars from the same factory (Fujigen). While only one has a Fender related label (Squier Silver Series 1991). They are all FABULOUS guitars.

1984 Fernandes RST-50 64, 2012 Cool Z STZ-1R (Lake Placid Blue), 1991 Squire SST-33, Cool Z STZ-10M (Blackie).

IMG_1566.jpeg

1999 Epiphone Japan SG70, 2010 Cool Z ZLS-1

IMG_1181.jpeg

1984 Yamaha STX 01R

IMG_2171.jpeg

ALL amazing instruments.

With that said though, I am still on the look out for a JV or E series. They pop up from time to time here.

Robb

Doctor Squior
Silver Supporting Member
Jan 13, 2011
Chertsey
I have 7 guitars from the same factory (Fujigen). While only one has a Fender related label (Squier Silver Series 1991). They are all FABULOUS guitars.

1984 Fernandes RST-50 64, 2012 Cool Z STZ-1R (Lake Placid Blue), 1991 Squire SST-33, Cool Z STZ-10M (Blackie).

View attachment 239404

1999 Epiphone Japan SG70, 2010 Cool Z ZLS-1

View attachment 239405

1984 Yamaha STX 01R

View attachment 239406

ALL amazing instruments.

With that said though, I am still on the look out for a JV or E series. They pop up from time to time here.
WOW ! They're all GORGEOUS beasts .

HSH Classic Vibe

Squier-Meister
May 28, 2022
Republic of Squierland
You'll never get a consensus on this. Some of us wouldn't touch the JVs as there is nothing special about them and yet they command prices that only a better built used American should command. And most of us won't pay the going rate for a Hello Kitty complete with all the accessories. There are truly rare guitars, like the CV HSH in my avatar, that rarely even come up for sale. There are Pro Tones, the Venus series (the 12 string Venus is more valuable and harder to find than any Pro Tone), the Masterbuilts, the Korean X-155, and some artist models that are unique (feature wise) in the Fender universe, and quite valuable. To put it simply, there is no "holy grail" Squier. There never was, and there never will be. There might be for you, but not for the community.

65refinyellow

Squier-holic
Jun 29, 2015
norcal
You'll never get a consensus on this. Some of us wouldn't touch the JVs as there is nothing special about them and yet they command prices that only a better built used American should command. And most of us won't pay the going rate for a Hello Kitty complete with all the accessories. There are truly rare guitars, like the CV HSH in my avatar, that rarely even come up for sale. There are Pro Tones, the Venus series (the 12 string Venus is more valuable and harder to find than any Pro Tone), the Masterbuilts, the Korean X-155, and some artist models that are unique (feature wise) in the Fender universe, and quite valuable. To put it simply, there is no "holy grail" Squier. There never was, and there never will be. There might be for you, but not for the community.
Though I hear JV a lot (and the unusual old school nitro finish on higher ones) to the point I am thinking that is the Holy Grail, I loved my ST 50s MIJ ST-357.

It was about as perfect as I could find but the tuners. Though I didn’t pay attention at the time, I heard the JV had adequate tuning stability.

I wonder what an ‘85 ST had in radius compared to the JV???

Last edited:

Latest posts