The Binge

MrYeats

Dr. Squier
Dec 28, 2017
South Texas Coast
I went on a binge buying spree last night.
I was on Reverb and decided that I was going to buy more Pro Tones. I love them and cannot get enough of them apparently.
First one I bought was a 5 string P Bass, then 3 strats. One transparent red with a RW fretboard and 2 others. A trans green and sapphire blue, both with maple boards, or who knows, possibly one piece maple.
The Pro Tone seems to have taken the place in my heart once reserved for Starcaster Strats.
Their ash bodies, gold hardware and great finishes make me feel that to get a guitar of this quality one would have to venture into the US or MIM realm. That would be much more expensive and frankly, not as much fun.
I don't even know how many Pro Tones I now own but rest assured these won't be the last. These 4 I just acquired were in the 500 or less dollar category. Many of them are a bit higher priced. One day the market will dry up on them and I want to be sure to have as many on display at Mark's Guitar Bar that I can muster.
When they get here I will to a picture session and possibly a demo. I still haven't done one on the Ampeg V4B yet but is in the works. The 5 string will be interesting there.....Stay tuned.

MrYeats

Dr. Squier
Dec 28, 2017
South Texas Coast
They will get harder to find. You have not picked up a trans Green one with a maple FB have you? I had one back in the day and regret selling it.
Mine was just like this one on Reverb now ..
View attachment 236889
here is a link to the green one:

MrYeats

Dr. Squier
Dec 28, 2017
South Texas Coast
here are the links to the items:

fadetoz

Dr. Squier
Jun 29, 2011
USA
here are the links to the items:
So the one I had was the trans green. Like an idiot I sold it because I only used floyd rose guitars at the time. If you sell one of the green ones tell me first please Mark.
1997 would have been rite about when I got mine too.

So cool you got those.

MrYeats

Dr. Squier
Dec 28, 2017
South Texas Coast
Did you post any pictures of the new space Mark? if you did I missed it.
Where I am taking the pix from is the bass guitar area where there is now a Peavey Cabinet with 2 15" Black Widows and an Ampeg V4B head. I am planning a video to demo the awesome acoustics of this huge room. It is the living room in my house. The Ampeg delivers the most professional bass sound I can imagine. I still need to tune my drums and finish the PA setup.

Attachments

• Studio 7.JPG
    Studio 7.JPG
    218.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Studio 14.JPG
    Studio 14.JPG
    175.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Studio 13.JPG
    Studio 13.JPG
    244.9 KB · Views: 12

fadetoz

Dr. Squier
Jun 29, 2011
USA
Awesome Mark. Try your amps in a couple locations. I recently reorganized my Studio and moved the amps to where my desk was (where the Bass traps are) and it sounds 100% better than it did.
Your setup is looking great. Enjoy it!!!

Wall treatment will help too. I had my brother over and showed him my setup and played a record in the studio and he was amazed at how good the room sounded. The treatment keeps sound waves from bouncing all around and you are left with much better sound.
There are allot of videos on how to make them with towels. It looked like the cheapest and more effective ways to go.
Basically make a wood frame and cover it with a nice towel then fill the back with towels. You get the idea.

First video I ran into on a quick search.

miket1117

Squier-holic
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 31, 2018
Kansas City
I had one. Traded it for the Spark amp. I was okay with the trade and still am, but i ended up replacing the Strat with an Am Pro Shawbucker.

Mine was the "green" which is actually "trans sapphire blue"... as they age, they get greener looking.

miket1117

Squier-holic
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 31, 2018
Kansas City
btw @MrYeats ... ran across another Pro Tone on Reverb earlier this morning... Tele Thinline in the red. i think the seller had it at $600... bit more than you paid for the others. i'm sure you saw it, but i can find the listing again, I'll post the link.

yeah... there are actually two.

1656781611596.png

Latest posts