The best squier guitar ever made!!! GO!!!

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by cka73, Feb 13, 2021.

1. 65refinyellow

65refinyellow Squier-Nut

Jun 29, 2015
    norcal
    I could see Ritchie Kotzen DiMarzios added to make this best tele ever.

https://www.dimarzio.com/artists/richie-kotzen

2. miket1117

miket1117 Squier-Meister

Mar 31, 2018
    Kansas City
    i think including anything modded as "the best squier ever" in the spirit of what was meant by question, is not fair. to me the question meant, as built and delivered.
    some killer guitars in this thread just the same... and funky colors, too... "smashed avocado"?? lol.... too good... and about right on!

i dont have the experience or knowledge base most of you do, just a late-comer to the party... dont mod, dont know how.

but i currently own a 2012 J Mascis Jazzmaster, 2005 Affinity Strat, a 2012 Affinity Tele (bought new), and a recently bought 2017 CV Tele Thinline. i did own a pre-production Pro Tone Strat (traded last year for a Spark amp, thus compelling me to buy a 2015 Fender Am Standrd Shawbucker Strat!) .

out of those, hands down, best overall quality, best overall tonal spectrum, best overall look, feel, and playability?

ranking in order: #1 CV Tele Thinline, a close #2 Pro Tone, #3 J Mascis, #4 Affinity Strat, and #5 the Affinity Tele.

BUT... the 05 Strat has a neck every bit as good, maybe better, than ant other electric i have. rosewood fretboard, not hardly any wear. this is a neck you could build a guitar around.

my two cents fellas!

Please go with grace, benovelence, understanding and patience, and stay safe... especially in times like these. (...we learn to love again...).
    Peace, brothers!

3. 0riole

0riole Squier Talker

Nov 11, 2020
    Moon
    100% agree with you unless, as I stated in my last post, that you're buying to mod. I think the Affinity range are the best platforms for modding, they are well built, inexpensive and most parts designed to fit Fenders work with little or no modification, normally just changing from Metric to Imperial mounting holes. However, for a stock Squire, it's the VM/CV range, they feel great and are not far off their MIM Fender counterparts, sometimes better.

What's good or not depends on the intended use.

miket1117 and grizzlewulf like this.
  4. Archtop67

Archtop67 Squier Talker

Nov 14, 2018
    South Florida
    Im a luthier but I do have a few inexpensive guitars one being a daphne blue Squier Deluxe.. I wound a set of 65s + emerson electronics and so on... anyway it really plays great after good setup... running pyramid jimi hendrix strings and bone nut to match... i guess fender pulled em to push the Cvs .. it has an unfinished neck... probably a very thin sealer... im thought about adding a little laquer but then decided it plays greta like it is.... i picked it up cheap before people started realizing they didnt make them any longer and price went up ..

Toddcaster64 and VealCutlet like this.
  5. Ian Sheridan 1978

Ian Sheridan 1978 Squier Talker

Mar 2, 2019
    Uk

6. Ian Sheridan 1978

Ian Sheridan 1978 Squier Talker

Mar 2, 2019
    Uk
  7. ampsplus

ampsplus Squier Talker

Jan 28, 2021
    Ontario
    JV series Strats and Teles, made 1982 to 1984, are at the top, they might as well be Fenders. But I also have a 2014 Classic Vibe 50s Strat that is amazing.

mofojar likes this.
  8. RhinestoneStrat

RhinestoneStrat Squier-Meister

Aug 24, 2019
    Ontario
    I have quite a few Squier guitars...mostly or all Strats. My favourite so far is my 2002 (20th Anniversary) Squier Standard Stratocaster with a lovely sunburst body and maple neck for that classic look. It has a 2-point trem and the stock pickups have staggered pole pieces and might be Alnico. I've painted the pickguard with various oil paints...raw umber, yellow ochre, burnt sienna, and titanium white.:)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    IMG106.jpg
    IMG112.jpg

9. EdSevered

EdSevered Squier-Meister

Oct 17, 2020
    SE Wisconsin
    I’m rather fond of the set neck Squier Master Series M-80. These are both on my keepers list.

8E922782-978C-4960-8CA2-A8A0F3B0F6FD.jpeg DCA45F65-2A32-492F-9076-BED18F572F0A.jpeg

10. Johnnyjbj

Johnnyjbj New Member

Oct 22, 2020
    California
  11. VealCutlet

VealCutlet Squier-holic Silver Supporting Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Brookyn, NYC
    Never played a MIJ, Pro Tone, or Vista Series, so I’ll go with what I know.

- The earliest Classic Vibe Teles and Strats with the Tonerider pickups.
    - VM 72 Thinline Tele
    - Early VM offsets. My old VM JM, in its modded state, feels and sounds (to me) like one of the top-10 Squiers in the world.

Bottom line, I guess is that there are a lot of really good ones out there. I’m chasing that Daphne Deluxe Strat and a vintage blonde 50s CV Tele (CIC) w/A3 pickups.

RhinestoneStrat likes this.
  12. Conghaille

Conghaille Squier-holic

Jul 12, 2016
    Chicago adjacent
    I have 2 Fender Pro Teles (1 deluxe) and 1 Performer Tele.

My 2014 Chinese BSB CV Tele sits with those as equals.

Never played a sub $1k guitar that was better.

In fact I have an expensive Strat and a PRS SE that aren’t really in the ballpark.

I’ve got other Teles that aren’t as impressive. I can gig and have recorded with that CV Tele.

Sure, I’ve a couple more expensive instruments that are better, but not only is this my favorite Squier. It’s very close to my favorite Fender. Maybe 7% short of my best Fender.

13. surfrodguitar

surfrodguitar Squier-holic

Aug 4, 2016
    Laguna Niguel
    Nice!! How's the neck on that one? I am eye balling one local made in 2000 Indonesia. But the guitar is an hour away and I have never laid hands on the maple big head stock version.

14. Uncle Joe

Uncle Joe Squier-holic

Dec 18, 2015
    Jersey
    This thing is the best one I've had my hands on. As a matter of fact, for guitars procured for less than $100 this one is the GOAT:

Bullet by Squier Daphne Blue.jpg

EdSevered likes this.
  15. lgfout

lgfout Squier Talker

Feb 25, 2021
    Philippines
    I don't have one but i have listened to a lot of demos ... I gotta vote for 50's CV

16. lespaul1968

lespaul1968 Squier-holic

Jan 26, 2019
    Indiana
    I guess the best one ever made is the one you have that you like the best

miket1117 and Eddd like this.
  17. RhinestoneStrat

RhinestoneStrat Squier-Meister

Aug 24, 2019
    Ontario
    Mine is also Indonesian made and the neck feels great on this one! It like a 'C' shaped with a bit of 'U' in it. It's just over 39 mm at the nut and about 51 mm at the 12th fret. It's fun to play on as long as everything is set up nicely on it. The guitar is also equipped with Reverend Willy's 'Mexican Lottery' brand guitar strings...7 to 38 gauge. With this string gauge the guitar is super fun to play on.:)

[​IMG]

surfrodguitar likes this.
  18. MrYeats

MrYeats Dr. Squier Platinum Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2017
    South Texas Coast
    ProTone is my favorite Squier... 3.JPG 6.JPG 10.jpg 12a.jpg 5.JPG

19. GrooveVoyager1

GrooveVoyager1 Squier Talker

Mar 18, 2021
    Had a few Squires back in the day including an 80's white strat that I had to return due to the body wood cracking(you could see the wood splitting and it was green???). I sold or traded the one it was exchanged for for an American Standard and too many guitars later can't remember shat I traded that for???
    My fav for the past 10 years or so is my CV Tele Thinline. Bought it used off ebay if I remember right. It had a 1 1/2 smash on the bottom body when received.
    I contacted the seller and got a $100.00 refund bringing total to $200.00. I got the body repaired from a local luthier and is definitely my #1. Everything is stock. Super light, plays great unplugged and pups are just right. I love running it with a wet/dry/wet set up at home. it's very pedal friendly especially if your running a TS-9 and great with chorus, delay and reverb(nice for blues, jazz and ambient). All I've done is change strings and adjusted action and into. I was going to change the saddles recently but I adjusted them so my hands aren't shredded after playing too long. check out the goofy sticker spot that Fender/Squire thought was a wise move? CV Thinlne.jpg .

20. Eddd

Eddd Squier-Nut

Nov 20, 2019
    Canada
    Glad you like it ,I despised mine.I stripped all the parts ,threw out the neck and gave the body to my buddy.