The best people on any forum

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Year Zero, Sep 22, 2021.

1. dbrian66

dbrian66 Dr. Squier

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    This is so true!

“You loose the presence of the individual sitting next to you”

I’ve never heard put that way, but you nailed it. That’s exactly what’s wrong with the internet!

2. miket1117

miket1117 Squier-holic Gold Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2018
    Kansas City
    actually, this just struck me... reading the news headlines and all the crap coming down seemingly from EVERYwhere... just depressing... so i clicked over here... as a refuge. and i felt a certain sense of relief. and it is so, imo.

3. Hadronic Spin

Hadronic Spin J Squier, Esquier Gold Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2021
    Los Angeles
    To me, the ST is akin to the lads (and lad-ettes) having a few pints, playing and sharing experiences. Good times.

Elsewhere, it seems more generated towards cork-sniffing, and worrying about flaws in one's nitrocellulose finish.

Well, that's how I see it.

ST; great people that are helpful, and the ever oh-so-cool "I play a Squier, and proud of it" vibe.

Regards

Jason

4. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Dr. Squier

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    I agree for the most part . Its not perfect ,but it is comparably the nicest forum I get on.

5. Year Zero

Year Zero Squier-Meister

Oct 27, 2020
    Pennsylvania
    Nothings perfect but this forum is one of the best.

6. grizzlewulf

grizzlewulf Squier-holic

Dec 11, 2020
    Lucerne, California
    I've been poking around a bit on other guitar forums, and it's been a reminder of what makes this place special. There's really so much less gear snobbery on here. I'm amazed how much you read "if it's not (fill in whatever high end specs), it's garbage that deserves no respect" on most forums.

That's not to say we don't appreciate high end guitars here, but ultimately we're musicians with real lives, confined by our various budgets and time constraints, looking for practical solutions, helping each other find value in obtainable things.

Squier-Talk: The Working Class gear forum

rorygman, Robb, miket1117 and 4 others like this.
  7. StormCaster

StormCaster Squier-Meister

Sep 13, 2020
    Wisconsin
    I really like this place more and more each time I visit. Year Zero this is a really cool thread you made here cheers :)

grizzlewulf, rorygman, Robb and 3 others like this.
  8. Ladeeh

Ladeeh Squier-Meister

Sep 10, 2021
    Balkans
    Definitely the best forum I've ended up on ever!

Great ppl, great threads, loadz of interesting info, pics, guides, experiences, music, jokes, good vibes, and everything!

Cheers all of ya!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
  9. hrstrat57

hrstrat57 Squier-Meister

Aug 18, 2020
    Rhode Island
    This^

For some reason the ignore feature on this forum completely obliterates the target. So good. No quotes nothing just gone! Dunno who came up with the code but it is really useful for removing the unwanted.

Cudos for a great feature. Really helps you avoid the fighting and tension!!

dbrian66 likes this.