Thanksgiving 2022

Eddie

My Squier is on Fire !!!
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2016
New York
What's everyone doing for Thanksgiving 2022?

We're gonna head down to our favorite spot in northern VA. Gonna hit our favorite Afghani restaurant for dinner.

Friday we're gonna go to our favorite banh mi spot, grab 6 banh mi's, and walk it off at Great Falls Park.

Dinner will be at our favorite pho restaurant. :)

As you can see, we plan our vacations around food. But the most important thing is that the family will be together.

Maybe do some guitar safariing while I'm there.

Naked Strat Brat

Squier-holic
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 27, 2022
North, Snow, UFO Ville!
Our car is still non functional. So instead of going any place else, we are staying here as a family and going to pig out right proper, everything turkey and ham baked potato salad cranberries three bean salad corn chili pepper dip and of course pie ice cream sugar cookies coffee. It is a meal for "self" thankfulness.

We all here have some wonderful things in life to be thankful for. Being able to have fun and laughter enjoying our love for guitars and music and sharing family with our stories and history. I am sure thankful for it all and have to thank everyone "HERE" for a big part of it.

Ace38

Squier-holic
Staff member
Jul 19, 2016
Tulsa, OK.
Quiet dinner at home, well lunch...my daughter works for USPS at the local distribution facility, and they're open that day. So we'll eat early and then snack the rest of the day.

Friday I'm going to the pub that we usually watch the Liverpool matches at for US/England, I gotta be there at 12:30 to get the doors open (I'm president of the local Liverpool supporters group and the owners are actually from Liverpool and are from the red side of town, so I've gotten to know them really well and I have the code to get in) and get set up.

Before anyone asks, its called a pub but in reality its a restaurant with a strong pub atmosphere. Lots of awards for that, they don't even open till 4pm though, hence why I'm opening it up.

Naked Strat Brat

Squier-holic
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 27, 2022
North, Snow, UFO Ville!
I'm hungry too. No turkey for us. We're doing kabobs !!! Yum yum yum.
Dang! Gonna head to the store and get some fixings for some, I can handle some of those and the kids love em. I purchased a large bag of long bamboo skewers it had maybe 100 of them in that one bag. Think there is about 40 left....I am a foodie...what the hell else can life bring such enjoyment? FOOD! Geez...I am going to have to toss some poppers in the oven now...Hahahah!

Eddie

My Squier is on Fire !!!
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2016
New York
Our car is still non functional. So instead of going any place else, we are staying here as a family and going to pig out right proper, everything turkey and ham baked potato salad cranberries three bean salad corn chili pepper dip and of course pie ice cream sugar cookies coffee. It is a meal for "self" thankfulness.

We all here have some wonderful things in life to be thankful for. Being able to have fun and laughter enjoying our love for guitars and music and sharing family with our stories and history. I am sure thankful for it all and have to thank everyone "HERE" for a big part of it.

Agreed, I'm very thankful for family ... mine own and this forum family. The funny thing is, you guys know me better than my wife. ha ha. She doesn't understand GAS.

Naked Strat Brat

Squier-holic
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 27, 2022
North, Snow, UFO Ville!
Quiet dinner at home, well lunch...my daughter works for USPS at the local distribution facility, and they're open that day. So we'll eat early and then snack the rest of the day.

Friday I'm going to the pub that we usually watch the Liverpool matches at for US/England, I gotta be there at 12:30 to get the doors open (I'm president of the local Liverpool supporters group and the owners are actually from Liverpool and are from the red side of town, so I've gotten to know them really well and I have the code to get in) and get set up.

Before anyone asks, its called a pub but in reality its a restaurant with a strong pub atmosphere. Lots of awards for that, they don't even open till 4pm though, hence why I'm opening it up.
Sounds nice. Code? 007 LOL

Eddie

My Squier is on Fire !!!
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2016
New York
Dang! Gonna head to the store and get some fixings for some, I can handle some of those and the kids love em. I purchased a large bag of long bamboo skewers it had maybe 100 of them in that one bag. Think there is about 40 left....I am a foodie...what the hell else can life bring such enjoyment? FOOD! Geez...I am going to have to toss some poppers in the oven now...Hahahah!

Yes, GAS and food. What could be better ???

Naked Strat Brat

Squier-holic
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 27, 2022
North, Snow, UFO Ville!
Beautiful setting. I can't take photos of our house or have people over. It looks like our house exploded. ha ha
I still have doors on our cabinets off. My Wife spent weeks sanding and prep work for them to be sprayed with our airless gun. She does not know how to spray with it. Weather is not good enough to do it now. So waiting for it to warm up. Then the flooring...I have all the material to do a new wood floor, have a great floor system set up right now ready to go, there is some flat pad cushion just a touch soft like a carpet pad that the wood will go over, it is water proof and will help the wood floor feel less hard when walked on and help deaden out the noise as well. Brand new table saw and miter saw, jig saw, spacers, all the fasteners, trim, all ready to go. Just need someone that can strong arm the oven/stove out from the counter area (unhook gas line) and my Wife and I will install the new floor. I have a fantastic Wife. While I was in the hospital last year for 6 months,, she sanded and prepared the entire outside of our downstate home, primered and 2 coats of paint all by herself, she removed carpet from 3 rooms and refinished the real wood floors that was under the carpeting, turned out fantastic then installed a new kitchen countertop. She is such a little gal, about 99 pounds and touch over five foot tall. She can be a real tiger when she needs to be...and in every way! (wink) !!!

BluesForDan

Squier-holic
Nov 27, 2015
grrrrrr-ranite state!!
going to my niece's house, our house is just too dilapidated still. bachelor males tend to not prioritize decorating the way females do. My brother's new girlfriend is going to see our place for the first time Thursday night after the festivities are done. It will be a test of her intestinal fortitude. If that doesn't break them up, then they're good to go.

i might get the christmas lights up tomorrow. I was planning on hooking all the living room window lights on the same extension cord, I have custom plugs and a 100' spool of extension wire. That's a nice thing about LED and their low current draw. I can put 6 candelabra and the tree all on the same line and use one switched outlet to turn them on and off.

Nov 24, 2018
Idaho
Having a huge bowl of homemade turkey noodle soup. We don't do the full turkey dinner thing anymore.
All my kids do their own thing with their families. I'm just the ex now and have been for years.
Just my wife and I and we prefer it that way.
Thrilled I made it to another birthday.

Last edited:

SoCalJim

Squier-holic
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 12, 2020
SoCal
What's everyone doing for Thanksgiving 2022?

We're gonna head down to our favorite spot in northern VA. Gonna hit our favorite Afghani restaurant for dinner.

Friday we're gonna go to our favorite banh mi spot, grab 6 banh mi's, and walk it off at Great Falls Park.

Dinner will be at our favorite pho restaurant. :)

As you can see, we plan our vacations around food. But the most important thing is that the family will be together.

Maybe do some guitar safariing while I'm there.
Doesn’t Pro Audio Star have a warehouse in Winchester, VA? Might be able to take care of the inevitable post-Thanksgiving GAS. 😁

Last edited: