Super Strat’s

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by fenderzombie, Aug 1, 2020.

1. fenderzombie

fenderzombie Squier-Meister

Nov 24, 2014
    oregon
    D602298A-BB04-49FD-A42C-2A3B7A672946.png 8D85D9AE-F0D0-42C8-9DB8-ACF3F48E5497.png Ok maybe blame it on the Commercial the shows the rock group Ratt. But lately I have been playing guitar and I missed my super Strat that I had when I was younger! So this showed up on G.C. And would like to get more information on this guitar. I bought it because if you look close, there’s a nice pick up on the neck position. Here are the stock pictures and thanks for the help!
    24A119C7-4F41-43AE-A2DF-B63ABE28BB53.png

2. squierTony

squierTony Dr. Squier

Jul 4, 2012
    MAUD Oklahoma
    Appears to be a Samick Artist series Superstrat KR660. Probably mid 90s.

cool gouhl and dbrian66 like this.
  3. squierTony

squierTony Dr. Squier

Jul 4, 2012
    MAUD Oklahoma
  4. fenderzombie

Nov 24, 2014
    oregon
    Thanks for the information. Still on the fence if I should swap out the pick ups. I only paid $69.99 plus shipping for it. I have some EMG’s that I am thinking to Putin it.

dbrian66 likes this.
  5. squierTony

squierTony Dr. Squier

Jul 4, 2012
    MAUD Oklahoma
    For that kind of money mod the crap out of it.

fenderzombie and dbrian66 like this.
  6. dbrian66

dbrian66 Dr. Squier

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    That’s a cool looking guitar. And I don’t hesitate to buy anything Samick makes at that price. Chances are real good that it will be a nice guitar. And everybody needs a super Strat in their arsenal!

Congrats, and I can’t wait to see the pics once you get it!

fenderzombie likes this.
  7. Oldguitarguy

Oldguitarguy Squier-Nut

Mar 2, 2019
    Nj
    Get some great pups at great prices at GuitarMadness on eBay.

fenderzombie likes this.
  8. Shaytan

Shaytan Squier-Nut

Apr 10, 2018
    Lisbon, Portugal
    It's definitely a great price, do show us some pics when you have it! I advocate to not upgrade the pickups until you get to test them, just because the bridge and middle don't say Seymour Duncan or EMG on them, it doesn't mean they suck... In fact, some of the worst pickups I've used to date (for the kind of stuff I play, that is, lower gain and lots of modulation going on) were EMGs whereas some of the best were cheap old MIJ single coils.

If they do suck, what the heck, go for your preferred set if you like the guitar overall, given the price you've paid for it.

Perhaps more important would be to consider a new FR bridge. Cheap ones, moreover abused for decades, will have trouble holding tune, moreover if you intend on using it.

fenderzombie likes this.
  9. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    I had a black ESP Mirage Custom and a Pearl White Metallic Jackson Soloist back in the 80s, and the ESP cost $950 new, while the Jackson was $1100 used. I have no idea where I got that kind of money back then. They both had really fast 24 fret necks with super low action, an HSS setup, and Floyd Rose vibratos. After a while I realized that I don't like Floyds, and the neck pickup didn't sound like a Strat because it was closer to the bridge because of the 24 fret neck. So, I sold them both and got a CSB Japanese Foto Flame 62 style Strat. I forgot to mention that the ESP and Jackson were both neck thru construction. I wish I still had all three of those guitars.
    no1ktul48vipjzmdkbcn.jpg 1545150479-19494600.jpg

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020 at 12:40 AM
    cool gouhl, fenderzombie and Shaytan like this.
  10. Best1989

Best1989 Squier-holic

Apr 25, 2019
    Arequipa
    I really dig those Samick super strats, I've seen some really cool ones.

fenderzombie likes this.
  11. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Squier-holic

Nov 24, 2018
    RC addiction....
  12. fenderzombie

Nov 24, 2014
    oregon
    To find a guitar with a Floyd Rose at that price is awesome. It’s funny how our taste change as we get older. As a young guy in high school I love listening to Iron Maiden, because of the double guitar riffs.