Stage Right (Monoprice) 15 Watt Tube Best Gear Selection

Discussion in 'Amp-a-ridifiers' started by TimTheViking, Dec 31, 2019.

1. TimTheViking

TimTheViking Squier-holic

Darrell Braun did his best guitar gear of 2019 picks. There's no way I'd ever think I'd have a piece of gear that he considered the best for 2019. But I do! My mighty 15 watt tube amp. Jump ahead to 2:17 if you don't want to view the whole thing.

2. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Squier-holic

I agree with ole' Darrell in that category.

3. RetiredNSquired

RetiredNSquired Squier-holic

Jun 20, 2018
    Canton, Ga
  4. jbrowning

jbrowning Squier-holic

Jan 28, 2019
    colorado springs
    I'm trying to wait to see if they go on sale. Then I will be picking me up one.

5. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Squier-holic

The odds are very good that they will.

6. Angry Possum

Angry Possum Squier-holic

Oct 30, 2019
    Squier Town NY
    I own this amp. Its decent. However for kicks and giggles one day, I played my acoustic electric guitar through a fender rumble bass amp and it sounded incredibley better than the Mono Stage right amp. I'm very serious, i was astonished to say the least. PS I'm a big fan of Darrel myself this lad has some good videos.

drewcp and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  7. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Squier-holic

Bass amps tend to be more Hi-Fi than guitar amps. They're usually a lot like a keyboard/acoustic guitar amp in that respect. I'm not surprised your acoustic sounded better with the bass amp. My daughter's Rhodes piano sounds better through my little 25W bass amp than any of my guitar amps as well.

The MP15 being a fairly typical guitar amp colors the sound quite a bit, and is pretty well designed for overdriven sounds as well as clean electric guitar tones.

8. Angry Possum

Angry Possum Squier-holic

Oct 30, 2019
    Squier Town NY
    I'm gonna try one of my electric guitars through it. If its all good I'll sell my monoprice amp. No more room.... I'm very serious, no need to have the tube amp if the fender rumble bass amp sounds better.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
    drewcp and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  9. ToneChaser77

ToneChaser77 Squier-Nut

Sep 29, 2019
    Milledgeville, Ga
    I know love mine. Used it for the new years jam and it held its own against a full band. Yes even with the drums that little joker rocks. I mostly play it for practice so this was the first time I really heard it cranked and now I like it even more.

10. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Squier-holic

If you like your electric guitars to sound super-clean to the point of almost acoustic tone, you'll be better off using the bass amp.

11. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Squier-holic

They're certainly mean little amps. :) Mine is permanent here. It has a personality of its own that none of my other amps can duplicate.

12. waynes world

waynes world Squier-Nut

Jan 27, 2019
    Saskatoon
    That bat mobile pedal!

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  13. jbrowning

jbrowning Squier-holic

Jan 28, 2019
    colorado springs
    I sure am hoping so. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Mr Bones and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  14. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Squier-holic

It used to be that they tended to have a sale on Fridays or Sundays, so check monoprice.com regularly. I don't know if those days are still the most likely though.

Kenneth Mountain and jbrowning like this.
  15. Larscaster

Larscaster Squier Talker

Jan 4, 2020
    Barney’s Creek, Utah
    Sold my monoprice 15w yesterday for $175.
    Sounded flat.