Squier Paranormal Series - Deserving of better decals?

Discussion in 'Other Squiers' started by mattberry007, Sep 9, 2020.

1. mattberry007

mattberry007 New Member

Sep 9, 2020
    United Kingdom
    Squier PS Cyclone .jpg

Hello..

This one could just be me, but whenever I see the current crop of Paranormal Series Squiers, (which is pretty often due to targeted advertising on my web browser) I just can't help but feel that Fender/Squier missed a bit of a trick with these in terms of the headstock decals. This is particularly true for the Cyclone model, which doesn't even have the angry guitar-wielding twister. Man I love that little guy!

Clearly Fender/Squier will be savvy of the collectability factor with their guitars, and will probably have a clearer idea than anyone as to which ones are destined to adorn walls of collectors and which are sadly fated to eventual landfill.

I just can't help but feel that they're underestimating or even missing all together the impact that introducing even just a small touch such as a customised decal can make in terms of improving the identity of the guitars, plus the desirability and overall legacy of unique appeal for the series. This isn't just something that I've observed with this series by the way..

I managed to knock up the image above using Microsoft Word in 30 minutes, so you can't tell me that it was a cost-saving venture to keep the design of the decals as 'plain jane' as possible.

As Offsets themselves are a bit cult, quirky and different, I really do think the headstock should reflect as much, and something along the lines of the above had the potential to shift more guitar sales... or maybe it's just me :)

2. Tele-kitty

Tele-kitty Squier-Meister

Dec 12, 2016
    Florida
    That’s really cute...
    One of the only disappointing things with my Cyclone, no little twister guy on the headstock.

They’ve been on a plain Jane kick lately especially with the fonts.
    I guess they’re trying to appeal to a generic audience.
    I personally like some unique cute and/or quirky touches.

mb doug, Eddd and BlueSquirrel like this.
  3. so1om

so1om Squier-Axpert

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago now Sarasota
    Easy things to draw up, but each becomes another part to track and another number to assign to a drawing and workflow that can mean more chance of mess up. Not completely unmanageable but something that must be managed.

of course easy to say when I have a cyclone with the guy on it..

mb doug and radiotech like this.
  4. Blues256

Blues256 Squier-Meister

Apr 3, 2020
    Poland
    For some reason i kind of like it

mb doug likes this.
  5. GunnyPlaysLoud

GunnyPlaysLoud Squier-Meister

Mar 13, 2020
    Wisconsin
    These are really cool. I must admit, the first time I saw a MIM Cyclone in person I became very disappointed that my MIM Toronado didn’t have anything cool on the headstock.

mb doug likes this.
  6. Fasteddie42

Fasteddie42 Squier-Meister

Aug 3, 2018
    Tip of the mitt
  7. Strang_Banger

Strang_Banger Squier-Meister

That is a cool headstock decal there I must agree!
    Also, loved you in The IT Crowd and currently in What We Do in the Shadows!

mb doug likes this.
  8. blackspider57

blackspider57 Squier-holic

Mar 11, 2017
    Montana
    I suppose you could buy this decal and clip off the little Cyclone and put it on your headstock?
    Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 12.43.58 PM.png