Squier '51 Vintage Modified discontinued

Discussion in 'Squier Vintage Modified models' started by Ralph124C41, May 18, 2017.

1. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-Nut

Feb 10, 2016
    well I didn't know it has ended production so others may not know and it may still be possible to get a fair deal ... but the longer we as buyers wait I fear the prices will go Up ... Up ... and way! (as Superman might say if he was looking to buy one.)

Pat V. likes this.
  2. mkgearhead

mkgearhead Squier-holic

Dec 18, 2009
    Fort Morgan, CO
    I finally got both of mine done today. The sunburst is an '05. It has a Wilkinson Tele cutoff bridge with compensated brass saddles and a black WD pickguard. I went ahead today and drilled the string through holes and got it right this time. :cool: No extra "tone holes." The pickups and electronics are from my newer model blonde '51. The blonde has the newer body, and a neck from a VM Tele custom II with Planet Waves self trimming locking tuners. The bridge pickup is a Duncan Designed HB103 and the neck pickup is an unknown alnico. It's wired with a 5 way rotary switch: bridge, split bridge, bridge & neck, split bridge and neck and neck. I rewired the push-pull to put the pickups in series when they're both on. I replaced the saddles with a set of Fender stamped steel ones.

IMG_1440.JPG IMG_1441.JPG IMG_1443.JPG IMG_1445.JPG IMG_1444.JPG

Last edited: May 22, 2017 at 8:43 AM
    Pat V. likes this.
  3. scifilullaby

scifilullaby Squier-Meister

Jan 2, 2017
    Athens, Greece
    you mean need candy apple red? :p

Last edited: May 22, 2017 at 6:32 AM
  4. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-Nut

Feb 10, 2016
    No, car not CAR. Four wheels, not two pickups. The '91 Cadillac is headed for the last roundup.

scifilullaby likes this.
  5. mkgearhead

mkgearhead Squier-holic

Dec 18, 2009
    Fort Morgan, CO
    Are you sure they're discontinued? I just checked the MF website and it says the CAR and Blonde will arrive on 6/27.

6. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-Nut

Feb 10, 2016
    In my original post I noted that MF and GC have two of the three finishes on back order (no sunbursts). Furthermore, that back order date is just a guess by the respective companies; I have had occasions with MF when I put something on back order and the order was subsequently cancelled because MF later told me the item was either no longer in production or they just won't be getting any for whatever reason, perhaps cost or other reason.

My information was directly by phone by a Fender rep. Some of the guitars may be available ... but I was told their actual production ended in October and they are no longer listed at the Fender.com website.

7. VM51SQ

VM51SQ Squier Talker

Apr 14, 2017
    oregon
    Knowing they are now out of production makes me appreciate mine even more ! While I agrre that they are a great platform for modding, I will most likely keep mine stock, for originality, and because I think it's almost perfect the way it is !

five teles likes this.
  8. Davey

Davey Squier-holic

Mar 31, 2015
    Monroe WA
    Out of production...... until it's not......again :)

five teles and Pat V. like this.