• Nay

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

Blues256

Squier-Nut
Apr 3, 2020
Poland
Hey folks,

I have been wondering about Solar guitars lately. As a Squier and Fender fan i do not own any other brand, 2 Cv guitars which arte strat and tele and CV bass. I sometimes do listen to heavier music and would love to get my hands on those devil crafted wooden instruments. Used to have Schecter and Jackson before, i kind of missed playing some heavy stuff. Have You ever tried Solar guitars before? I have heard that some of them have quality issues ? I am thinking of Solar A2.7 White, i own two 6 strings so why not 7 again? Been a KoRn, Tesseract, The Contortonists fan for very long time

Cheers

howserx

Squier-Nut
Apr 20, 2017
Toronto, Canada(not really)
not mu cup of tea otherwise even though I do play heavier music. Of course that could all change if I tried one. If you're in North America they are as rare as common sense and I think the shipping fees are high. I've seen the debates on other forums, and that seems to be the point that comes up. That said, You can get them at Thomann so I can't imagine it's that bad, just another cost to add in to the purchase decision. Maybe I was reading old (or remembering) old Threads.

Now if they ever do a semi hollow I'd better be careful....

caustic

Squier-Meister
Apr 23, 2022
Michigan
I wouldn't buy one due to price. My at home playing doesn't require such a pricey guitar.

They are nice though and shipping from where ever to my front door is 47.28 for UPS Express shipping.

Lanaka

Squier-holic
Feb 11, 2020
Honolulu, HI
Hey folks,

I have been wondering about Solar guitars lately. As a Squier and Fender fan i do not own any other brand, 2 Cv guitars which arte strat and tele and CV bass. I sometimes do listen to heavier music and would love to get my hands on those devil crafted wooden instruments. Used to have Schecter and Jackson before, i kind of missed playing some heavy stuff. Have You ever tried Solar guitars before? I have heard that some of them have quality issues ? I am thinking of Solar A2.7 White, i own two 6 strings so why not 7 again? Been a KoRn, Tesseract, The Contortonists fan for very long time

Cheers

Well, in comparison to Squier and Fender, the Solar is definitely a bigger boutique brand. Not as small as perhaps a Gray Guitars (which is a one-man operation) but not as big as Squier (which is y'know, BIG). I'd say its on the bigger side tho, much like Chapman Guitars.

Also like Chapman Guitars, Solar is slanted more towards the metal shredder and chugger side of the market. Compound radii fretboards with double octave jumbo frets, floyd roses or similar double locking full floating trems and other less often offered features like multiscale frets with lots of control options to very little control options. Active electronics is common in this segment of the market too.

If yer into such guitars and can afford their prices and shipping, then go try em. I recommend going with someone who can offer a return warranty as Solar is not exactly a commonly seen brand on this side of the world. Thomann's a good option. This way if you get a bad guitar ye can exchange it for another one.

Remember, this doesn't necessarily mean the guitar itself is bad. By the time the guitar reaches you, it probably has been travelling all over the globe and sitting in gods knows how many warehouses for who knows how long exposed to whatever storage/shipping conditions which are NOT likely to be climate controlled nor anywhere close to being ideal for guitars.

Latest posts