Slick guitars .

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by Eddd, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Eddd

Eddd Squier-Nut

Nov 20, 2019
    Canada
    Hey everyone,is there anybody here familiar with Slick Guitars? How’s the sound, build quality,etc. And is it worth $149 cad.for the shipping?All responses are appreciated.

2. Viking

Viking Squier-Meister ‎‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎

Apr 10, 2010
    Winnipeg,Mb Canada
    Personally I would not. I haven't looked at the specs on all the models but everything I have looked at seems to be 12" radius which I do not care for. Also I think most are just butt ugly. If you get a dud dealing with GF from this side of the border my be more of a pain in the arse then it's really worth, not to mention the currency exchange. Just my opinion but there you go.:)

3. grizzlewulf

grizzlewulf Squier-holic

Dec 11, 2020
    Lucerne, California
    No first hand experience. They seem like a solid deal, but I'm not sure they're worth that much shipping...but then, I'm not really familiar with what shipping to Canada normally costs

Eddd, Kenneth Mountain and dbrian66 like this.
  4. grizzlewulf

grizzlewulf Squier-holic

Dec 11, 2020
    Lucerne, California
    Frankly I think the double cuts in particular are pretty good looking, and the T styles aren't bad...except for the headstocks on all of them

5. SoundDesign

SoundDesign Squier-holic

Their shipping up here tends to be pretty heavy. Can't imagine how much it would be for a guitar.

6. Michael7

Michael7 Dr. Squier Gold Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Virginia Beach, VA USA
    I think many of us could build an equivalent guitar with a leftover body and neck lying around and a few unique parts from Guitar Fetish like the Tele bridge. I think that recessed bridge is kinda cool, but maybe there is a way to improve on it to make string changes easier. Even though I don't like the idea of buying a new guitar that is already reliced, I would like to build one that is so reliced that I wouldn't worry at all about knocking it around a bit.

7. squierTony

squierTony Dr. Squier

Jul 4, 2012
    MAUD Oklahoma
    I came really close to getting one of the worn teles but ended up going a different route. I’d buy one and probably will later down the road.

8. telebug655

telebug655 Squier-Meister

Jan 7, 2017
    delawere county pa.
    NO,NO,NO SAVE YOUR MONEY THEY ARE JUNK I HAD ONE IT WAS THE WORST GUITAR I EVER BOUGHT............!

Viking and Eddd like this.
  9. Michael7

Michael7 Dr. Squier Gold Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Virginia Beach, VA USA
    There are several models, which one did you not like? Phil McKnight gave a good review to the Tele one that has been viewed 1M times on YouTube.

10. dbrian66

dbrian66 Dr. Squier

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    I’ve never owned one, but most reviews seem to be pretty good. Every now and then there seems to be a dud. But I’m not sure I would pay that much for shipping. Maybe put your money away in a safe place and wait for one to show up locally on the used market.

Eddd, Luvs2yoko and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  11. Angry Possum

Angry Possum A Psychotic 6 String Collector Gold Supporting Member

Oct 30, 2019
    Squier Town NY
    I often say on this forum, get an Epiphone. It's has a lot better quality control than these other newbie unknown and inexperienced manufacturers.

grizzlewulf likes this.
  12. grizzlewulf

grizzlewulf Squier-holic

Dec 11, 2020
    Lucerne, California
    If Epiphone made a double cut with P-90s, I'd have bought one.

Why do I like the DC more than the Les Paul shape? I couldn't tell you aside from I just think they look way cooler

Cochise, Eddd, Best1989 and 1 other person like this.
  13. Eddd

Eddd Squier-Nut

Nov 20, 2019
    Canada
    $149 to Montreal.

14. surfrodguitar

surfrodguitar Squier-holic

Aug 4, 2016
    Laguna Niguel
    Funny, I was thinking about one too and did some research and not great reviews so said, forget it.

Eddd likes this.
  15. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Freedonia
    ^^^This gets you what you want to know.

Great pickups, slightly chunky necks, the Black Ash finish is beautiful in person, and they are HEAVEY )I’ve had a ‘59, and a ‘57, both were pushing near 10 pounds. Pups in the ‘57 sound (to me) exactly like Fender Standard A-5’s. Plug ugly headstocks, but the weight was the deal killer for me.

I’d still have the ‘57 if it was 8 lbs or under.

Eddd and Viking like this.