SIT guitar strings

Discussion in 'Tech-Talk' started by surf green, Sep 19, 2021.

1. surf green

surf green Squier-holic

Jul 15, 2014
    RI
    I ran into an old friend yesterday, life long guitar player, tech savy, plays a Gibson SG in a classic rock band. Got into a big equipment BS session, guitars, amps, pedals, caps, and finally strings. He plays lead and slide and is all in on SIT (stay in tune) strings. This brand (unknown to me) isn't new, they have been around for years, make all kinds of guitar strings, prices reasonable. I ordered 3 sets for $16 yesterday, to try them out. Anybody familiar with these?

here's Freddy DeMarco trying to prove them wrong

2. CV50sFan90

CV50sFan90 Squier-Meister

Oct 10, 2020
    Minnesota
    Never heard of or seen them before. I'm willing to give em a try.

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  3. Hotrails15

Hotrails15 Squier Talker

Sep 7, 2019
    North Carolina
    I use them for acoustic and electric and like them.

4. Eddie

Eddie My Squier is on Fire !!!

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    I used to use SIT strings back in the 80's because Steve Lukather used them. ha ha. Good strings.

5. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Guy Who Likes to Play Guitar Silver Supporting Member

I bought a couple sets of "half round" SIT strings a couple years ago. They were OK, but they were much more round than D'Addario half-rounds, so I decided I'd go back to D'Addario. For round-wound strings I don't know that you'll notice any difference.

6. CJMA

CJMA Squier Talker

Mar 17, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    Tried their "power steel" variation 1st then the more normal nickel-steel since then & their decent strings. I remember hearing about them back in the 80's in a music store my family ran. Was kinda weird as I even ended up with 1 of their stickers on my guitar case but couldn't get them from any of our suppliers back then. Only been last 3 ears I've been able to get my hands on some & still gotta order from the states.