Show us your Squier 24 models

Discussion in 'Other Squiers' started by Jay Jackson, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Vladan

Vladan Squier-Nut

Sep 30, 2012
    Serbia
  2. mwmeci

mwmeci Squier-Meister

Jun 28, 2015
    Minneapolis
    I checked the list prices on the wiki link. Spendy but I don't know what the street price was. These aren't 'parts' guitars so theres a lot more labor is involved.

3. Jay Jackson

Jay Jackson Squier-Nut

Sep 1, 2018
    sanluisobispo CA (3401
    I hope some one has a Star Fire model to show us.

4. Eddd

Eddd Squier-Meister

Nov 20, 2019
    Canada

5. Eddd

Eddd Squier-Meister

Nov 20, 2019
    Canada
    O.k. I screwed that up let’s start over.2 ways to make sure your bridge returns to its proper spot are, place low tack masking tape around the base,or use a fine mechanical pencil to mark an outline.(don’t worry it won’t damage the finish).

6. Jay Jackson

Jay Jackson Squier-Nut

Sep 1, 2018
    sanluisobispo CA (3401
    To keep my floating bridge in place I use painters tape one peace on each end of the saddle. I polish the guitar with the strings off and once I have new strings on remove the tape and polish that area. I also put small peace's of felt under the Trapeze tail stop so if it hits the top sound board it wont damage the top.

7. Vladan

Vladan Squier-Nut

Sep 30, 2012
    Serbia
    If I remember correctly, haven't looked for a while, on x-155 there's a sticker mark under the bridge, with writing "place bridge here", or similar. Basically, it is just a ballpark place. You have to move it around a bit, for better intonation set up. When changing strings, do it one at time, that way bridge will stay in place.

8. CVSteve

CVSteve Squier-holic ‎‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎

Dec 28, 2017
    Texas
    There was no such sticker on the one that I owned. Once you have adjusted the bridge position to properly intonate the guitar, the blue painter’s tape method works perfectly well.

Vladan likes this.
  9. Vladan

Vladan Squier-Nut

Sep 30, 2012
    Serbia
    For the matter, any marking method will work. There's no point in being obsessed with it.

It is just one piece of wood, on x-155, you can not do too many things about it.
    - Place it at 2 x 12th fret distance from the nut and angle it a little bit, so to make low E string slightly longer than high E.
    - Tune ...
    - check intonation ...
    - repeat ...

There is no point in repeating more than 1-2 times.
    If intonation is still bad, something else is wrong.

BTW, where I live, painter's tape only come in yellow.