Show off your REAL relics!

Discussion in 'Pak Rats Nest' started by Lanaka, Sep 17, 2021.

1. axeman

axeman Squier Talker

Apr 4, 2021
    Florida USA

2. axeman

axeman Squier Talker

Apr 4, 2021
    Florida USA
    upload_2021-9-22_11-58-44.jpeg

Bluebond custom one off.
    Christmas gift from the builder.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
    Squittolo, Lanaka and Shine like this.
  3. axeman

axeman Squier Talker

Apr 4, 2021
    Florida USA
  4. axeman

axeman Squier Talker

Apr 4, 2021
    Florida USA
    upload_2021-9-22_12-6-1.png

Franken tele. early 50s v neck 60's body, early 50s modded lap steel pickup. newer hardware.
    had it 40 years or so

Squittolo, jnz84, corn and 2 others like this.
  5. axeman

axeman Squier Talker

Apr 4, 2021
    Florida USA

6. axeman

axeman Squier Talker

Apr 4, 2021
    Florida USA
    upload_2021-9-22_12-10-18.png

bought new 1977

Squittolo, corn, Lanaka and 1 other person like this.
  7. Lanaka

Lanaka Squier-holic

Feb 11, 2020
    Honolulu, HI
    Nice Strat! Must have had a great relationship with builder for that special gift! Whats the story behind the name? I detect a faint bluish tinge to the guitar, but what of the "bond" part?

That is an interesting vintage Tele with a very interesting mix of parts. Never actually heard a lap steel pup, was told they're extra bright tho. That true?

Is that a Gretsch hollow body?

Im starting to see a pattern in the shown guitars, natural to white guitars, ye like white colored or natural guitars? I've been a black guitar guy with some reds, with all but two bursts guitars having red in it at a very little but still strongly visible level to red being the main color visible. But of late, I've been branching out to other colors like green-blue burst, black-blue burst, black-natural burst, natural, and white in various stages of aging, from just barely started in an 03 Arctic White Squier SE to full parchment or cream in 80s vintage guitars (86 Charvel Model 4, 80s Stage CS-327, 80s Samick MIJ SOB-PJ-WH shorty bass, and a heavily degraded finished 80s "Concert" MIJ Jazzmaster clone). I call these guitars as part of my "Creme Crew," LOL!
    IMG_20210922_090226.jpg

Squittolo likes this.
  8. lboorse2

lboorse2 Squier-holic

Dec 29, 2010
    Philly 'Burbs
    Not really relic'd, though it has its fair share of nicks and scrapes. But, it's been with me for 27 of it's 37 year life. I picked it up in a pawn shop in 1993. SQ Strat.

ECC7D1C5-0E9D-4FDD-8B55-0ADB52BD77A5.jpeg
    What's cool is that I can say that little bit of wear that you can see under the 2nd and 3rd frets is all from my hands.

C6CB37D3-5533-429E-8527-944FAAE6AB38.jpeg

Squittolo, RedBlueThing and Lanaka like this.
  9. DJGranite

DJGranite Squier-holic

Feb 7, 2012
    maine
    Some much loved and played guitars 1979 partscaster neck_zpsgtraf5ko.JPG IMG_8737_zpstc4izst4.JPG DSCN2039.JPG DSCN2038.JPG DSCN2035.JPG

Squittolo, axeman and Lanaka like this.
  10. Lanaka

Lanaka Squier-holic

Feb 11, 2020
    Honolulu, HI
    Nice black on black on maple Strat! I'm thinking of doing a similar setup with my black 07 Fender Jpn Std by swapping out the "white" pickguard for a black/red/black SSS version and put in my set of Stack Plus Strat pups (Custom B, Vintage Hot B and Classic B). Swap the pup covers for a set of chrome-plated brass covers and black/red knobs and red switch tip.

lboorse2 likes this.
  11. Lanaka

Lanaka Squier-holic

Feb 11, 2020
    Honolulu, HI
  12. Hoss

Hoss Squier-holic

Dec 20, 2009
    Nevada
    1966 Mustang

66 001.JPG

Squittolo, axeman, Eddd and 3 others like this.
  13. RoyalWe

RoyalWe Squier-holic

Sep 5, 2012
    Western Oregon
    I’ve had a few old and/or worn instruments over the years. The only ones I have now are the VM TB telebass and the Peavey foundation. Neither of which are too old, but they’re the ones I’ve played the most so they’ve been well used and endured their unfair share of abuse over the years.
    7D388B7D-0994-4BAD-B868-D5D7A8A4BC4F.jpeg A6967029-B5BC-438E-842C-2718DCA203F2.jpeg 21F37215-1C9D-4036-A067-9DB499E1F25D.jpeg B4C81F9F-F6C8-4468-A15E-CC2ECEEF7C16.jpeg D5D70F06-73BB-4D97-8D8B-6C95A114D862.jpeg

Squittolo, brians and Lanaka like this.
  14. Lanaka

Lanaka Squier-holic

Feb 11, 2020
    Honolulu, HI
    I'm not normally a Mustang fan (except for the V8 variants, LOL), but thats a nice looking one.

Also I just realized something else: That control configuration looks like my "Concert" Jazzmaster copy! 2 on/off slider switches for each pup, master volume and master tone with the output jack immediately adjacent to the pots. The Concert's bridge, body shape and the pickguard follows the Jazzmaster norms tho...

Interesting...hmmm.

axeman and Hoss like this.
  15. axeman

axeman Squier Talker

Apr 4, 2021
    Florida USA

16. axeman

axeman Squier Talker

Apr 4, 2021
    Florida USA

17. axeman

axeman Squier Talker

Apr 4, 2021
    Florida USA
    hey guys, I hope I'm answering these properly, if not someone tell me how. thanks.

18. Lanaka

Lanaka Squier-holic

Feb 11, 2020
    Honolulu, HI
    Your last 2 posts before the last on were just quotes but nothing from ye.

EDIT: Found yer replies, buried INSIDE the quotes themselves.

If yer just replying to one message, hit the reply button in bottom right corner of that message ye wanna answer.

If ye gonna reply to more than ine message at same time, hit the +Quote button and forum will add the message to a queue. When yer ready to tackle all the quoted messages go to bottom og the page where you can write a message. Then hit the insert quote button, a popup will appear showing all the quotes ye have in the queue. If ye wanna answer all of them hit the insert quotes button.

Then each quoted message is bracketed by the QUOTE /QUOTE tag. Find the /QUOTE tag, hit RETURN key to add a line, and start typing yer reply to that message. Then repeat for each quoted messages.

IMPORTANT: do NOT break the "[/QUOTE]" tag. Doing so will make the forum think EVERYTHING from previous QUOTE tag to the NEXT end quote tag is part of the next message...INCLUDING whatever reply ye wrote to the first message.

When yer done, hit the POST REPLY button right below the reply entry window. Aaaand yer done!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
  19. Lanaka

Lanaka Squier-holic

Feb 11, 2020
    Honolulu, HI
    @axeman

^ This is a special tag that makes the forum notify you that someone referenced you. Many use it to call attention of the referenced person to the current thread they're in.

Forgot to mention that if you want to break up a long message and reply to each section at a time, there is a few extra steps you need to do. I do this all the time to parse a longer message or call attention to a specific section.

In the beginning of the quoted message, theres a Start Quote tag inside square brackets []. The Start Quote includes information in who's the original writer of message. At the end of the quoted passage is the end quote tag, a /QUOTE inside [].

If you want to break up a quote into smaller chunks, you need to copy the end quote tag INCLUDING the [], and paste it at the end of the section ye wanna reply to. AND you need to copy the start quote tag INCLUDING the writer ID tag, INCLUDING the [], and paste them at the beginning of the next section.

Remember each section MUST have a start QUOTE and an end /QUOTE tag.

A few more rule of thumbs to remember too.

1) It's considered to be bad form and a no no to alter what the OP has written, even if the OP has atrocious spelling and/or formatting.

2) You COULD delete sections to trim the size of the quoted message to focus just on one or a few small sections BUT I always insert a "***SNIP***" or something to indicate that I deleted a section. I will reply to myself and demonstrate. The next line will be gibberish that I'll snip and reply.

BLAH BLAH BLAH SNIP ME OUT!

Hope this helps.
    -Lanaka

20. Lanaka

Lanaka Squier-holic

Feb 11, 2020
    Honolulu, HI
    Like this I added a end /QUOTE inside [] on the end of the above sentence and an extra line (to space my reply from the first body of the quote). Then I copied the start /QUOTE including the quoted writer's ID, again including the [] and added them to the beginning of the next section

Ok, I've SNIPPED my Blathering and so indicated it with a SNIP tag in boldface, again adding an end QUOTE below the SNIP and a start QUOTE at the beginning of next section.