Shijie Guitars

White Dog

Squier-Nut
Oct 19, 2011
Iowa
Yah...not interested in their guitars myself.
They sent a guitar to Philip McKnight and, though he liked it, he had to tell them that he couldn't give an honest review because they are way over priced (as an introduction to the music world) and they'd never sell because people (in the States any way) that are going to spend THAT kind of money already have their favorite brand.
So they took his words to heart, and changed a few things (less expensive parts) to bring the price down some.
Those are HIS words, and can be viewed on his YouTube channel.

Eddie

My Squier is on Fire !!!
Nov 5, 2016
New York
Yah...not interested in their guitars myself.
They sent a guitar to Philip McKnight and, though he liked it, he had to tell them that he couldn't give an honest review because they are way over priced (as an introduction to the music world) and they'd never sell because people (in the States any way) that are going to spend THAT kind of money already have their favorite brand.
So they took his words to heart, and changed a few things (less expensive parts) to bring the price down some.
Those are HIS words, and can be viewed on his YouTube channel.

Yeah, I saw that video. The first guitar they sent him was priced at $1499. I can imagine Phil's expression when he first heard the price. They eventually brought the price down to two levels ... about $800 and about $1100.

Both these prices are comparable with Fender MIM and MIA. I can see the possibility of competing with the MIM, but I think it's going to be hard to convince someone to buy an import when an American Fender is $100 more.

I just wonder if they Chug. :)

Mojotone

Squier-Nut
Jun 5, 2021
Chateauguay, QC
Compare Specs and hardware and well Fender falls short
Id def get that Before a Fender of Equivalent pricing
At what Price does Fender Offer SS frets ? they don't even have Roasted Boards or Bone Nut
I've been looking at this brand in the Telecaster lineup, very interesting, not sure id buy it but it is a contender as is the Sire T type and this wonderful Vola "Vasti" Gen III

Benlostforyears

Squier-holic
Aug 17, 2020
Western NC
I would like to try one out honestly. They are basically hand made customers shop instruments with really great specs. Phil's whole issue with the pricing was not that the quality wasn't there, but that people (especially in the US market) wouldn't be willing to spend that much on a brand they aren't familiar with because it was made in China. If a guitar with the same specs and craftsmanship was made in the UK or Europe, people would be lining up to pay $2k for it.

Eddie

My Squier is on Fire !!!
Nov 5, 2016
New York
I'm excited that there are new options out there ... Sire, Shijie, etc. Looks like there are good opportunities to get excellent instruments for just a little bit more money. :)

Paruwi

Squier-holic
Apr 28, 2019
Kraut-Territory
with this price-range I will stay in 'the land of the rising sun'

2560px-Lake_Kawaguchiko_Sakura_Mount_Fuji_3.JPG

ScoobySnacker

Squier-holic
Dec 4, 2018
Never-reach, NY
https://www.shijieguitars.com/

Pronounced Shi-Jyeah (not Shi-Jee).

The base models are priced along the lines of Fender MIM's. The upper models are priced along the lines of Fender MIA's.

Would you ever consider one in lieu of a Fender? Reviews have been very good. But other than a proven FGN, I'm not sure I'd pay USA prices for an import guitar.

That's enough of that, young man!:eek: You go right into the bathroom and prepare to have your mouth washed out with Life Buoy!!!!:rolleyes: Don't you look at me like that!!!;)

Doc538

Squier-Meister
Jan 23, 2021
Ma
hmm, tough one. I won't buy one new, that's for certain, but I would like to find one used. They appear to be great instruments. Although I do not like buying Chinese products, so the price would have to be right and if it's used, it does not feel like I'm lining the Chinese Government's pockets, just bailing out another citizen here in the states. Obviously, exceptions are made all the time due to the vast majority of products made in China and I did buy a New $80.00 Glarry Strat. :D