Seen Any Good Movies Lately?

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by Marko60, Apr 6, 2020.

1. CVSteve

CVSteve Squier-holic ‎‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎

Dec 28, 2017
    Texas
    I am still a fan of, and searching for, William Powell movies. Most recently watching High Pressure and Jewel Robbery (from TCM) both made in 1932.

From these movies I have become acquainted with Kay Francis in One Way Passage (She’s in Jewell Robbery too).

Norma Shearer is another star that you might check out. A good one to start with is A Free Soul with Clark Gable.

Don, Forbidden Planet is always on my short list. It’s one of the best movies ever made.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    duceditor likes this.
  2. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    I'm not usually a big fan of superhero movies ( or any others based on comic books), but the latest Harley Quinn film, Birds of Prey, was super lowbrow and super fun!

3. One String Sam

One String Sam Squier-Nut

Jan 10, 2015
    The Moon
    Moved most of my dvds to my mums place a few months ago and once a week for the past three weeks I've gone over and we've watched one together which she hadn't seen before, tonight was Lost In Translation.

trueromance.jpg chopper.jpg lostintranslation.jpg

4. fuelish

fuelish Squier-holic

Not a movie, it’s an Amazon Prime series, Utopia...pretty interesting so far

5. Birddog144

Birddog144 Squier-holic Double Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2015
    South Oceanside, CA
    Quite possibly the worst movie ever made:

6. Loin Lover

Loin Lover Squier-holic

Jul 26, 2018
    Backwoods, USA
    Little House of Horrors, 1960.

7. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016
    I just saw "Love and Monsters" which is about love ... and monsters. It sort of has a "Zombieland" feel ... without most of the blood ... and is a post-apocalyptic dramedy. It's science-fiction but has a lot of funny parts, including the anti-hero hero who describes how monsters, caused by a freak aftereffect of trying to save the world from a meteor, killed/ate 95 percent of the world's population.