Seems Squier 40th Anniversary not selling much lol...

Blues256

Squier-Nut
Apr 3, 2020
Poland
Hey,

I was browsing fender site to look for some Fender Amp for gig and this did appear :

A 40% Discount? Wow, slighlty cheaper than CV guitars now. Thats bold move i believe. However, i did notice that almost none of those 40th Anniversary guitars and basses were sold here in Poland. We're not having 40% discount here, just 10% at the moment. Any of You got 40th Squiers? Do Your stores sell them, any idea?

DougMen

Dr. Squier
Jun 8, 2017
Honolulu, HI
That‘s nothing, $830 + tax up here
I just checked the current exchange rate between the US and Canadian dollars, and $599 US comes to $804 Canadian, so there you go, after the adjustment for the currency difference it's basically the same price.

Eddie

My Squier is on Fire !!!
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2016
New York
Thats almost player series price

Agreed, I love Squiers, but there's a ceiling I'll pay for a non-MIJ Squier guitar.

Depreciation is really bad for Squiers because of the "beginner" guitar frame of mind. No way I'm paying that price for a modern Squier.

Shaytan

Squier-holic
Apr 10, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
WOW, 322 euros on Thomann (translating to 338 USD according to the Google conversion)! There's even a 299 B-stock offer available, sadly they don't let you check real pics of the damage or blemishes.

Were I on the lookout for a new guitar, this one would be on its way home: https://www.thomann.de/pt/fender_squier_40th_anniv._strat_ssb.htm

Thing is, I'm not looking for a new guitar... I do have a Cort in that same finish, though, and without the gold plating that, due to my acidic sweat, would look decent for about a month. The bound neck with block inlays is sweet, though...

Ralph124C41

Dr. Squier
Feb 10, 2016
What are the pickups in the 40th Anniversary Squier JM? Fender just says they are Fender-designed single coils and doesn't call them Jazzmaster pickups. Are they standard P-90s .. or JMs ... or a hybrid design? I'm just curious why Fender doesn't call them Jazzmaster pickups in a Jazzmaster model.

HighwayStar106

Squier-Meister
May 16, 2021
UK
WOW, 322 euros on Thomann (translating to 338 USD according to the Google conversion)! There's even a 299 B-stock offer available, sadly they don't let you check real pics of the damage or blemishes.

Were I on the lookout for a new guitar, this one would be on its way home: https://www.thomann.de/pt/fender_squier_40th_anniv._strat_ssb.htm

Thing is, I'm not looking for a new guitar... I do have a Cort in that same finish, though, and without the gold plating that, due to my acidic sweat, would look decent for about a month. The bound neck with block inlays is sweet, though...
You should have looked during the Black Friday sale, they had them even cheaper at £288 (currently £309).

Latest posts