Seeking White Squier 51 Pickguard

Discussion in 'Other Squiers' started by TK42DAN, Oct 13, 2019.

1. TK42DAN

TK42DAN Squier Talker

Oct 13, 2019
    The Woodlands, TX
    Hello! I am new here and new to all this Squier fun. I found an older pre-2012 Squier 51 that I want to clean up and refinish (if I can teach myself how!). To get where I’m going I need to find a solid white pickguard. It looks they are either 2003-2006 or 2013+ and since I found this in 2011, I’m guessing it’s the former version. Also, the one I’m looking for does not have the screw holes on either side of the neck pick-up. It has 11 holes total.

So, if anyone has one in “like new” condition they don’t need, please let me know. :)

Thanks!
    Dan

strat_strummer likes this.
  2. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Dr. Squier

Sep 27, 2014
    North Pole
    Welcome to the forum!! WD Music makes Squier 51 pickguards in all kinds of colors...

https://www.wdmusic.com/pickguards-fender-squier-51.html

TK42DAN and Best1989 like this.
  3. TK42DAN

TK42DAN Squier Talker

Oct 13, 2019
    The Woodlands, TX
    Thanks! I will check them out.

Do you know of a good forum here or elsewhere that will help me do a refinish and mods of the 51? I’m scouring YouTube, but still hoping to find a better guide or two.

Thanks again!

drewcp likes this.
  4. Guitarmageddon

Sep 27, 2014
    North Pole
    Yes - HERE!

Lots of guys have refinished guitars here, and many have modded guitars including the Squier 51.

What are you looking to achieve? To be honest it's usually a great guitar that doesn't NEED modding....but can be to suit your tastes....

drewcp likes this.
  5. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Squier-holic

Nov 24, 2018
    RC addiction....
  6. TK42DAN

TK42DAN Squier Talker

Oct 13, 2019
    The Woodlands, TX
    Thanks! Good to be here.

7. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Squier-holic

Nov 24, 2018
    RC addiction....
    View attachment 142983 Great place to hand out with some pretty knowledgeable folks here. @Guitarmageddon is a fine example. Only thing I can offer is a occasional chuckle or two....:D Now I would love to hang out and chat but I have a previous engagement.....

kansas-city-chiefs.jpg

TK42DAN likes this.
  8. TK42DAN

TK42DAN Squier Talker

Oct 13, 2019
    The Woodlands, TX
    Great! Unfortunately, this one will need some modding...or installations, in this case. I just have a bunch of pieces. :) I’ll attach a pic rather than confuse everyone with my ignorance.

Where I’m particularly hesitant is with the wiring. Never done any of this before (though I have an iron, etc.). I’ve been looking for a diagram for a humbucker plus single coil and I found one at SD, but being new to this I’m still trying to wrap my head around wiring the concentric pot.

Anyways, I can start a new thread for all this, but I wasn’t sure where the best place to post it was.

Attached Files:

9. Guitarmageddon

Sep 27, 2014
    North Pole
    I'd post it here

http://www.squier-talk.com/forums/tech-talk.14/

This is going to be a bit of a steep learning curve but you can do it - hopefully the neck is not damaged or anything from not having string tension on it for a while....we're going to have to guide you not online on wiring, but neck installation, string alignment, truss rod setting, action height, and intonation.....

This is a great Squier 51 wiring diagram

http://www.tdpri.com/attachments/squier-51-wiring-pdf.214865/

TK42DAN likes this.
  10. TK42DAN

TK42DAN Squier Talker

Oct 13, 2019
    The Woodlands, TX
    Awesome! Ya, the good news is this isn't my only guitar; it's just some pieces I have that I'd like to turn into a part-time project. I will get a post up on that other forum soon, and I'm already checking out the diagram. Thanks!

11. mkgearhead

mkgearhead Squier-holic

Dec 18, 2009
    Fort Morgan, CO
    I just found this in my parts drawer. It’s from a 2005. The guitar is long gone. I’ll make ya a good deal on it.

A9E2B126-A07F-46A1-A2CC-4DBE7BF8D3D3.jpeg

-r3-, Best1989 and Guitarmageddon like this.
  12. TK42DAN

TK42DAN Squier Talker

Oct 13, 2019
    The Woodlands, TX
    AWESOME! I'll message you. Thanks!