Saying Goodbye to Some Friends :(

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by IronSchef, May 19, 2017.

1. IronSchef

IronSchef Squier-holic

Jun 18, 2012
    Fox Point, WI
    No, NOT "People" Friends (we have had FAR too much of that lately!), but guitar friends.

I always feel a sense of loss when selling a guitar, even if she's one I rarely play - but I find that the desire to build/mod/buy does not stop at 12, or 14, or 16 guitars ... GAS is going to always flare up! The only way to avoid getting overrun by axes is to thin the heard as you acquire new ones.

I shipped off one today, and have another one spoken for that I will be shipping off next week. There certainly is some sadness in this - BUT, its feels MUCH better this time, as they are both going to Squier-Talk Forum members!! It's very comforting knowing they are not just going to random ebay-ers :)

I bid farewell to "Shreddy" today:
    [​IMG]

and will be packing up "Vinni" today for shipment next week:
    [​IMG]

To my friends who are leaving me: "Safe Travels!"

and, to my friends who will be adopting these two: "HNGD! - and play the s*** out of her!!"

:cool:

2. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Squier-holic

Jan 7, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    Two members will each get a gorgeous guitar that was and will continue to be well cared for.

3. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-holic

Jan 27, 2016
    North Tonawanda, NY
    At least they went to S T members ! They will be loved !

Rollmeaway, Eddie and IronSchef like this.
  4. Brever

Brever Squier-holic

Oct 5, 2015
    Texas
    Those are beautiful! Congrats to you new owners!

5. Eddie

Eddie Squier-Nut

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    They're staying in the family. That's most important. :)

6. Rollmeaway

Rollmeaway Squier-Meister

Feb 7, 2016
    Fayetteville, NC
    I don't flip many guitars, but the ones I do, I always feel a slight sense of loss. Especially the ones I put a lot of time and work into. I am selling a restored Affinity this weekend. But it's not so bad because it's going to another disabled Veteran with PTSD. I hope it takes his mind off things.

@IronSchef Hope ya don't miss your buddies too much. I'm sure they will be treated right.