"Road Worn" are back!! New Vintera Road Worn announced!

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by IronSchef, Aug 10, 2020.

1. snivlem

snivlem Squier-holic

Jan 25, 2018
    FL
    really diggin that Daphne Deluxe

SquierTap and IronSchef like this.
  2. Wizzer

Wizzer Squier-holic

Jul 12, 2010
    Scottsdale, AZ
    I love the road worn/relic look. I enjoy the process of doing it myself, but these are all really sharp-looking.

SquierTap and IronSchef like this.
  3. RetiredNSquired

RetiredNSquired Squier-holic

Jun 20, 2018
    Canton, Ga
    I really like the Road Worn guitars. Don't seem to be "Over-Reluced", just about right to me.

Wizzer, SquierTap and IronSchef like this.
  4. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    I won't buy a Mexican Fender again until Fender goes back to rosewood, because I don't like PF. It feels too hard, and hurts my fingers. And the Vinteras are too expensive. For not much more you can buy an American Performer, which does have rosewood. Even if they have more expensive hardware and pickups, the Vinteras really cost no more to produce than the Player Series, so why are they $300 more? That extra $300 is pure profit.

5. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    They're all overpriced !

6. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    I agree with @fattboyzz... I was actually gonna comment; "Yeah, but they're FENDERS, so they don't count..." Lol...

I will say that I do dig that deluxe Tele... But I still say that the pickguard takes up too much real estate on those, for ME...
    ;)

fattboyzz and IronSchef like this.
  7. IronSchef

IronSchef Dr. Squier

Jun 18, 2012
    Flew here on my Dragonfly
    I think you could probably say that about the ENTIRE Fender Line!! ;)

Very true, however, as there is a $100 price bump for (arguably) the same thing as the old generation RWs ... hey, now might be a GREAT time to try and scoop up one of those used at a good price!! :D

fattboyzz likes this.
  8. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    Yepp. Covers half that pretty color up ;)

9. IronSchef

IronSchef Dr. Squier

Jun 18, 2012
    Interesting how things can feel SO different from one hand to the next!! For me, I seriously cannot tell (by feel at least) the difference between RW PF or IL - sometimes I can't even remember which is which when looking at them!

SubSailer671 likes this.
  10. IronSchef

IronSchef Dr. Squier

Jun 18, 2012
    I already have a RW 60s SB Strat - but this one is my favorite out of the new line :

[​IMG]

ManKonis likes this.
  11. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    I like IL as much as rosewood. It doesn't look as nice, but it sounds and feels close enough to rosewood to satisfy me. But, I've had 2 Player Strats with PF, and I just couldn't get used to it, for the reason I stated.

IronSchef likes this.
  12. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    I almost bought the Vintera 70s Strat. I really liked the Sienna sunburst finish, and it played and sounded great. But, I decided not to be too impulsive, and when I came home and played my Performer after playing the Vintera in the store, I still liked my Performer more, so I decided against it. If the Vintera had rosewood instead of PF, I might have gotten it, especially now, considering that it was Ash, and Fender has stopped using Ash on most production guitars. I also have never had a Strat, or any Fender with a 3 bolt neck and Bullet truss rod. The pickups on the Vintera were really good sounding, but some of that could have been the Ash body too.
    3g3a1366_e10407b7f0.jpg

IronSchef likes this.