Revamped GFS site

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by Vott, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Vott

Vott Squier-Nut

Apr 21, 2010
    Louisville, Ky.
    Hi All.

Went to check my shopping cart at GFS today and they've totally redone the site. They're carrying parts they didnt have before ie. Nuts, pickup rings and alot of other stuff. But if you had a shopping cart going there It's probably gone, mine was :(

http://www.guitarfetish.com/

Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
  2. GukkanGwnarkill

GukkanGwnarkill Squier-Meister

Jul 20, 2010
    Mississippi
    Yea, mine was empty as well. =/

3. squierjosh

squierjosh Squier-holic

Apr 9, 2010
    MN
    Mine was gone too. Oh well. I see they now have normal 5-way selector switches, not those weird PCB ones that are hard to find wiring diagrams for.

4. Vott

Vott Squier-Nut

Apr 21, 2010
    Louisville, Ky.
    Did you notice they're making full tone blocks that fit "slim imports without needing to resize them".... woooo hoooo! Bout time.

5. GukkanGwnarkill

GukkanGwnarkill Squier-Meister

Jul 20, 2010
    Mississippi
    Those for Bullets?

6. Vott

Vott Squier-Nut

Apr 21, 2010
    Louisville, Ky.
    It would appear so. Here's the link to the block, notice it sits side by side to the little tone blocks you get on bullets and affinities.

Well after looking twice it still looks to tall tho. WTH shorten the dang things already.

I shortened both a brass full block and steel block to fit my Bullets using a hack saw. Brass was easy but I thought I'd never get that dang steel block cut all the way through.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
  7. softwarejanitor

softwarejanitor Squier-holic

Apr 19, 2010
    Pflugerville, TX
    Older non-trem Bullets which are thin, although you'd have to route the body. I think the main target would be Affinities, they are thinner (about 1.5"/38mm) than Bullet w/trem (about 1.6"/41mm). American/Mexican Strats and the Squier SEs, Standards, Deluxes, VMs and CVs are usually between 1.7" to 1.75" or 43 to 45mm. Some of the older "Standards" (before they started using the "Standard Series" decals) were closer to Bullet w/trem.

8. peskypesky

peskypesky -----------

Dec 19, 2009
    NYC
    yep, Affinities are often thinner than even Bullets.

9. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Squier-Axpert Gold Supporting Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Swanton Ohio
    I'm happy to see this new site..Came at a good time because I'm thinking of doing a Strat partscaster with all black hardware..Looks like they have everything that I'll need..

10. dman

dman Squier-Nut

Dec 12, 2009
    Antioch, IL
    I posted this at Strat-Talk on a similar thread about the new GFS website. This has gotta be a mistake...they've got their Premium Alnico II Strat set listed for...$34.95!

I emailed GFS pointing that out but have not yet heard back. If that really is the price...wow, such a deal!

11. dman

dman Squier-Nut

Dec 12, 2009
    Antioch, IL
    Well, yup..it was a mistake! I just checked; the price is back to the normal $69.95.

Like my Dad always told me "If it looks too good to be true, it is!"