Real or fake squier affinity fmt ?

PlebGuitarist02

Oct 4, 2022
Indonesia
Hello fellow ST members, im a new member and just bought a Squier Affinity Strat but there are some problem. The dealer said its Affinity Sienna Burst but after i compared it with the pic from fender, i found that my fretboard isn't maple and my serial number is not registered on the "fender serial number check website" :( Is it possible that my guitar is fake or Squier really produced this kind of guitar variation? Thank you

Attachments

• F2053E19-D37A-4D7F-A6FB-1CC2ECD0BC64.jpeg
    F2053E19-D37A-4D7F-A6FB-1CC2ECD0BC64.jpeg
    167.9 KB · Views: 49
  • E92D7509-85F8-4F6A-BEF2-C5FDFCB3BCE0.jpeg
    E92D7509-85F8-4F6A-BEF2-C5FDFCB3BCE0.jpeg
    70.6 KB · Views: 50

dpang2836

Squier-holic
Double Platinum Member
Jan 25, 2022
IDAHO
Welcome to S-T also! We like to Joke here, so take this as one. You would think living in Indonesia you could get a "Real" Squier?:cool:

AxelMorisson

Squier-Nut
Nov 15, 2021
Fagaras, Romania
Hello fellow ST members, im a new member and just bought a Squier Affinity Strat but there are some problem. The dealer said its Affinity Sienna Burst but after i compared it with the pic from fender, i found that my fretboard isn't maple and my serial number is not registered on the "fender serial number check website" :( Is it possible that my guitar is fake or Squier really produced this kind of guitar variation? Thank you
waait wait wait, don't jump to conclusions just yet. Some serials do not get registered/the dealer fails to record them. Fender does not do that automatically... some truly get skipped. Affinity Strat- yes, you did buy it now but maybe it was a transitional model? I got an Affinity with 6 points trem, they should have changed specs, etc- but mine was made in March and the spec change was in... May or something?
So what I got was a mix-and-match (at the factory!) with serial no. checking out for a 2021 Affinity- but the real specs of the guitar were NOT anything like those on the site. Got 6 point trem. Got the non-split shaft tuners. And finally I have the full thickness body (something HAD to be right in that guitar). Came with a dead 5 way switch, but I fixed it up really nicely with Fender Vintera parts ( they go for cheap and are good quality). Now only the wood and tuners remain.Mine was Chinese- but no matter, they too make nice guitars when they want.They just didn't with mine, grr.
Perhaps yours is one of these mix-and-match part mashup end of a line Strats- but not a partscaster as it was made like that at the factory. True, one string tree and liner.. maybe a neck refit? Could you post the serial? Does it say 2022 or something somewhere?

Hadronic Spin

Affinity Rulez!
Jan 27, 2021
Los Angeles
Affinity 2018 or newer (see logo) should have a truss rod liner. HSS Affinity six screw bridge? ... should be a 2 point. Fretboard should be maple. Should have one string tree not two.

I would like to add that the prior gen Affinity Strats (2018-early 2021) do not have truss rod liners.

Anyway, I may have an answer about the OPs guitar, and we've seen some of these examples before. I believe the OPs guitar is a Limbo-Caster; basically, prior Gen Affinity's with prior Gen parts were used up and given current Gen logos. These Limbo-Casters may have newer colors, but have the old hardware and necks.

I'm willing to bet the OPs guitar was manufactured sometime early to mid 2021, and has the 40.6MM nut.

One more thing, the OP is from Indonesia, and their Squier offerings may slightly differ than north American Squiers...

Then again, I could be wrong and that there is a Affinity Strat counterfeiting ring lurking out there.

Hopefully, the OP is willing to share his SN with us.

Regards

Jason

Shaytan

Squier-holic
Apr 10, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Don't waste much time wondering about its authenticity. While it could theoretically be possible (I've just commented in this regard at another thread), nothing looks clearly odd to our more accustomed eyes, so you should be safe.

Worst case scenario, it would be a partscaster (an amalgamation of parts from different models), but it looks so nice - and hopefully plays as such, too! - that I really see so worries. Affinitiess aren't particularly valuable or sought after instruments, the difference that'd make in terms of value would be residual at most.

Enjoy the heck out of it! ;)