PSA: Reverb selling 20ft cables $1 (slight shipping catch, still a deal...)

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by TurtleFang, Jul 18, 2021 at 8:22 AM.

1. Charvel Guy

Charvel Guy Squier-Meister

Jul 11, 2018
    Texas
    You mean I don't need to spend uber dollars for a Monster cable?? Well I'll be dipped!

2. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2016
    Has anybody had any trouble getting these cables? As noted I ordered four early Sunday afternoon and very quickly got an email confirmation. On Monday I got an email giving me the tracking number.

However, more than two days later I've found out that it is still in the "preparing to send" phase so USPS still hasn't gotten the items.

I also see now on Reverb that the cables are sold out. Will I be getting my cables ... or will I and others be getting "Sorry, no cable(s) for you" email?

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  3. Treehouse

Treehouse Squier-Nut

Dec 4, 2019
    The Arboritum
    @Ralph124C41 I wouldn’t sweat it. I have had good customer experience and communication buying cables with this seller in the past. They forgot one of my cables, and sent it out the next day with an extra one to make up for the mistake. Technically, they are not the same company as Reverb…. I think I they are a licensed vendor.

BTW, I have some on the way that are scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Tracking shows they departed Chicago and arrived in Greensboro. Good Luck!

And thanks to @TurtleFang for the PSA!

4. SubSailer671

SubSailer671 Squier Talk Member ‎‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎

This fella thinks you are sounding like that Vice Grip Garage fella

5. blackspider57

blackspider57 Squier-holic

Mar 11, 2017
    Montana
    Same for me.
    If they created a label, I am quite sure it will ship. Stay tuned!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021 at 8:19 PM
  6. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2016
    That's probably true. But I wonder, since they sold out, if maybe somebody innocently oversold them. And ... I just checked and still no arrival at USPS nor any reply from the seller.

I do see now that the Reverb email on Sunday said I have to wait three business days before contacting the seller so I sort of jumped the gun and sent an email today which would have been more than two business days but not three business days.

7. Treehouse

Treehouse Squier-Nut

Dec 4, 2019
    The Arboritum
    They didn’t run out of cables! And, even at $1, they didn’t sell them at a loss.

USPS might be running a bit behind (and milking the “label created” feature) but it’ll all work out.

I’ll send you mine if not. I bought extras.

8. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2016

Yes, I do think they did run out of these cables because whenI clicked on my order it said "sold out" and I no longer see these cables, listed by the seller Reverb Essentials, on Reverb. It could be, however, USPS's fault for not updating its system.

I have plenty of cables but I thought I could use these as backups.

Kenneth Mountain and Treehouse like this.
  9. Treehouse

Treehouse Squier-Nut

Dec 4, 2019
    The Arboritum
    @Ralph124C41 I’m sure they had a limit on the $1 promotion. But in the past, even at $9 with free shipping, they were sometimes unavailable and couldn’t be found on Reverb.

I’ve had a few USPS shipments recently with similar delays as you are experiencing… all came through. If they accepted your order and took your money, I think you’ll get them and like them! Cheers!

10. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2016
    You may recall recently I ordered a pedal and I got the confirmation email. And the money was taken out of my credit card ... not pending, but taken by the seller. But I never got a tracking number so I emailed the company and was told the item was sold out and suggested I buy a more expensive pedal. I'm still peeved that (1) the company did not tell me the item was sold out until I sent an email and (2) had the unmitigated gall to seek payment for an item they could not send me. I did file a complaint both with my credit card and with the seller and got my money back.

I know this is a different seller and a different product but in this last case the company accepted my order and took my money ... and never sent me the item I ordered.

But I know Reverb.com will make it right and I do hope the seller sends me the cables or at the very least answer my email and explain to me what the problem is ... unless it's the fault of USPS.

11. Angry Possum

Angry Possum A Psychotic 6 String Collector Gold Supporting Member

Oct 30, 2019
    Squier Town NY
    There All Sold Out. I came to the party too late.

Kenneth Mountain and -r3- like this.
  12. Ahnlaashock

Ahnlaashock Squier-holic

Sep 21, 2014
    St. Louis Area
    I ordered four, but have heard nothing about shipping yet.
    Oops! Spoke too soon. Supposedly shipped this morning, and will be here by Saturday evening.

13. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2016
    The same almost for me. I woke up this morning to find that it had gotten to the USPS in Chicago and left early this morning. I am scheduled to get it by Monday but those are just guesses and I've often found the item will get to me a day early so that means possibly Saturday.

Kenneth Mountain and Treehouse like this.
  14. drewcp

drewcp Dr. Squier

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    My 2 cables show ETA Saturday.

15. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2016
    Well, again I was wrong. I just got my four cables. USPS said not to expect them until Monday and they showed up just now out of the blue. Even this morning the USPS online site was still saying Monday was delivery day.

I haven't tested them out but, boy, are they heavy and seem sturdy.

Kenneth Mountain, drewcp and Eddie like this.
  16. Eddie

Eddie My Squier is on Fire !!! Gold Supporting Member

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Mine looks like it will be delivered via USPS today. It's at my local branch. Hollah.

Kenneth Mountain and drewcp like this.
  17. drewcp

drewcp Dr. Squier

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
  18. TurtleFang

TurtleFang Squier-Meister

Nov 30, 2017
    TBD
    Mine showed up yesterday.....
    (I did mention you could buy up to 10 of each, and that made them the lowest cost per cable :eek:)

IMG_20210723_152110284.jpg

Total cost per cable after tax was $2.39.

Anyone in the RTP, NC area that wants to meet in 27513 zip, feel free to PM me.

Matched black/orange sets for $2.50 per cable just to avoid making change. :D

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021 at 3:30 PM
    Kenneth Mountain and drewcp like this.