Post a Picture of your Offset

Discussion in 'Squier Offset Guitars' started by DallasArbiter, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Birddog144

Birddog144 Squier-holic

Apr 24, 2015
    South Oceanside, CA
  2. Brl312

Brl312 Squier Talker

Nov 20, 2016
    NC
  3. Pat V.

Pat V. Squier-holic

Nov 21, 2014
    North America
  4. Acidhouse

Acidhouse Squier-holic

Sep 16, 2010
    Birmingham . . . Alabama
    Birddog's ash bodied one blows me away.

surfrodguitar likes this.
  5. surfrodguitar

surfrodguitar Squier-Nut

Aug 4, 2016
    Laguna Niguel
    Yeah birddog! So jelly of those!! I had to take a pic of my 2...they're so lonely....[​IMG]

Pat V. likes this.
  6. Birddog144

Birddog144 Squier-holic

Apr 24, 2015
    South Oceanside, CA
    I like the Charvel: That's a rare beast indeed!

Pat V. likes this.
  7. surfrodguitar

surfrodguitar Squier-Nut

Aug 4, 2016
    Laguna Niguel
    It really is...I'm getting ready to return her to original state. Put back the lipsticks and pickguard.

Caddy and Birddog144 like this.
  8. Birddog144

Birddog144 Squier-holic

Apr 24, 2015
    South Oceanside, CA
    Good call!

9. surfrodguitar

surfrodguitar Squier-Nut

Aug 4, 2016
    Laguna Niguel
    I just need another strat to put those pickups in. I might trade my mik tele for one of these VN MIK. [​IMG][​IMG]

10. Birddog144

Birddog144 Squier-holic

Apr 24, 2015
    South Oceanside, CA
    I dunno...... Those pickups look like they belong in a pointy guitar.

Pointy2.jpeg

11. surfrodguitar

surfrodguitar Squier-Nut

Aug 4, 2016
    Laguna Niguel
    Haha! I know right?

12. Birddog144

Birddog144 Squier-holic

Apr 24, 2015
    South Oceanside, CA
    I'm kind of a purist when it comes to most Fender/Squier guitars: Single coil. Sure the Tele Deluxe sports WRHBs and some of the '80s designs had HBs, but that was not Leo's primary idea of a guitar...... ;):cool::rolleyes:

Caddy and surfrodguitar like this.
  13. DaveDrums

DaveDrums Squier Talker

Feb 2, 2017
    MA, USA
    IMG_2942.JPG New member/1st post. Howdy! Drummer here who's dabbling in guitars after all these years. Here are my 2 offsets (and a Squier Jag Bass Special is in the mail)

14. Ninet1gt

Ninet1gt Squier-Meister

Sep 22, 2013
    Canton, OH
    Is that the first new affinity Squier Jazzmaster on the forum? Good looking pair!

scifilullaby likes this.
  15. DaveDrums

DaveDrums Squier Talker

Feb 2, 2017
    MA, USA
    Sure is! Wanted to pair my beloved VM with a HB guitar and these were too cheap to pass up. Love em both

16. DaveDrums

DaveDrums Squier Talker

Feb 2, 2017
    MA, USA
  17. Ninet1gt

Ninet1gt Squier-Meister

Sep 22, 2013
    Canton, OH
    Did you order it online or find it in a store?

How's the quality compared to the VM JM? I want one of the affinitys to paint lpb with a matching head stock.

18. DaveDrums

DaveDrums Squier Talker

Feb 2, 2017
    MA, USA
    Quality is quite on par. Neck is satin and not gloss so that's a plus to me. Fret ends may be a bit sharp(er) but not gonna cut you. They're really very different guitars apart from the shape and scale length. But for $200 usd (ordered straight from Fender) I don't think anyone will be disappointed. Affinities (and all of Squier) are pretty amazing these days.

Ninet1gt likes this.
  19. KrinkleCuss

KrinkleCuss Squier Talker

Feb 7, 2017
    US

My heavily modified Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass...
    List of mods:
    1) Electronics Plates: Swapped out the 4 hole control plate for a three hole. Controls are now: Master Tone, Master Volume.
    2) Pickups: 1970's Rounded Jazz Bass type Japanese Pickups. These are great sounding... very high output. HOT. I placed them towards the neck as I never really liked the sound of the rear jazz pickup. This way, they also resemble the Jag guitar much more as well.
    3) Custom Mint/Black/Mint Pickguard. This was a ***** to cut, but it turned out pretty good.
    4) Customized lower pickup selector. Now a 3-way blade selector... way more functional but retains the look. Kinda like the Johnny Marr Jag, but home-made!
    5) Upper Horn Control: The On/Off is now a passive on-board FUZZ! I created this using two resistors... If you look up Tone Fiend Black Ice, you can find out how this is done. It sounds super cool. The rollers are not hooked up but look cool.
    6) Fender waterslide decal on headstock.... I love my Squier... don't get me wrong.... but I guess this just classes it up for me a bit .
    7) Cover Plate over the strings: This hides the Jazz hole! I thought about putting the "F" Jazz Bass bridge cover over this but thought it made too much into a Jazz Bass...

Overall.... I love this thing. Great neck and the pickups really kick it up a notch. I have always thought that Fender's (and Squier's for that matter) Jaguar Bass designs were too close to the design of the Jazz Bass. I'm not taking anything away from those that love their Jag Basses as they are... this is just my opinion. They use the same J Bass or P/J combo and/or Placement that we see on pre-existing models, they just add a bigger pickguard.
    I always thought they should create something similar to the Jag Guitar, which is what I tried to do here. I'd really like to have the nice switches like the new American Fender Jaguars have but these work well and the whole project/making part was fun.

My apologies for the fingerprints in the pics!!! yuk. Gotta fix that.

20. Pat V.

Pat V. Squier-holic

Nov 21, 2014
    North America