Pollen tsunami in full bore

BluesForDan

Squier-Nut
Nov 27, 2015
grrrrrr-ranite state!!
Noticed a pronounced sheen of yellow on my hood Friday. Saturday almost looked like I was driving a Mello Yellow promotional vehicle. We have had showers on and off today so it's slightly less enveloping. Last weekend, the trees around here still looked bare, they've exploded this past week. Usually we get this yellow rain towards the end of May, so it is kind of early in the season.

Last night I was walking on the sidewalk while the wind was picking up. Suddenly it felt like somebody threw a handful of beach sand in my eye, dang that hurt. Even the eyelid over my glass eye was itchy. Something out there has my number, oof.

Meanwhile, a good half dozen people I know have tested positive in the past 2 weeks. I'm not sure if I'd be able to tell if I caught it or if it was the allergies.

duceditor

Squier-Axpert
May 29, 2014
The Monadnocks, NH USA
Our new cottage tenant is new to the area. -From Nevada. He was so thrilled with the air quality - that breezes don’t here carry dust and sand.

We warned him about the yellow pollen breeze that is coming. That it will be an entirely different experience. The cottage sits right off a pine forest. :)

-don

duceditor

Squier-Axpert
May 29, 2014
The Monadnocks, NH USA
Semi-related... The yearly influx of ticks.

Deer ticks. -Their food and mode of transportatin. Where deer are there'll be those ticks.

We warned our tenant about those, too, assuring him that I'd spread tick killer just before the next coming rain. (I just finished doing that. All around the cottage, all around the main house.)

He'd never seen a tick and asked what they looked like.

The next day he dropped by to drop off some paperwork and Jan said "Excuse me..." and reaching up to his neck said "You were asking what a tick looks like..." as she lifted one off his skin and dropped it into the palm of her hand. She then excused herself once more and clearly cautioned him that ticks like "warm and damp places" so he ought...

No, Jan isn't overly afraid of frank or when needed, adequately graphic speech.

The stuff I just spread the stuff all over and it will sit there until this evening thunder storms. Then it'll seem to disapear, but its effectiveness will be yet increased. -Good enough for the entire Summer.

Ticks are bad things. But not so bad as what lurks these days in too many urban areas. And you can legally kill ticks with no later needed explanation if they become a threat to your well being.

(As I just did.)

-don