Please send some good vibes my way

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by Loin Lover, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Twostratsfornow

Twostratsfornow Squier-holic Silver Supporting Member

Nov 14, 2020
    Ontario, Canada
    Perhaps cycling? Great exercise that’s easy on the knees.

2. Hadronic Spin

Hadronic Spin J Squier, Esquier Gold Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2021
    Los Angeles
    @Loin Lover ,

That's great news, and congrats. HNNND!

Be vigilant with your rehab, don't falter. Keep moving forward, literally.

I know what I'm talking about. If I may...

In 2013, I had bi-lateral (both) total knee replacements, and I had them replaced at the same time. The surgery also consisted of removal of a tibia rod I had for a prior leg break. Anyway, I was out of the hospital within 30 hours of surgery, then started rehab the following day. After four months, I was back at work full duty walking over 10 miles a day. I have not had any issue since finishing rehab, and resuming my normal life and duties.

The knee replacements was the second best thing I've ever done for myself, the first being the left total hip replacement I had in 2011. And yes, I had my right hip replaced (total) in 2015. The 2015 hip replacement was a trip; it was OUT PATIENT! Checked in at 6 a.m., and was back home by 5 p.m....

Anyway, after each upgrade, I was always able to return to my life and work duties unrestricted. I simply had great doctors and nurses, outstanding PTs along with a strong work ethic of getting better.

You'll do fine. If you have any questions about your situation, or would just like to chat about replacements; feel free to PM me anytime.

Stay strong, get stronger.

Regards

J

3. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Squier-holic

Sep 2, 2015
    NYC
    I had a knee replacement a little over two years ago, and after all of the recovery and therapy was done my surgeon said, "Try not to run too much.;)"

I've put a lot of run-a-minute/walk-a-minute miles on it, and it feels fantastic. Manage the pain, work the hell out of the muscles in therapy, and enjoy.

4. mbroadus

mbroadus Squier-Meister

Dec 31, 2012
    jax
    Good Luck , hopefully you'll be pain free soon!

5. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-Axpert

Got in here late - glad everything's going good !

6. CVSteve

CVSteve Squier-holic ‎‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎

Dec 28, 2017
    Texas
    I missed this too! I hope all is well and that you are healing nicely.

7. VealCutlet

VealCutlet Squier-holic Silver Supporting Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Brookyn, NYC
    Good luck. You’ll get through this and before you know it you’ll be wishing you did it years ago. Stay as active as the docs say. My wife had a hip replaced and she was back on the tennis courts within 6-8 months. Quicker than me with torn cartilage in my ankle (going on a year of rehab on/off).

Do all the PT and it will pay off.

8. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    Hang in there, hoss! I think you're going into things with a GREAT attitude, and I think that helps more than we know sometimes... Me and lil man will say some prayers for ya... Keep us posted, and I hope this new knee makes ya feel like a new man...

Loin Lover likes this.
  9. Shine

Shine Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2016
    West Coast Landia
    Not just sending good vibes, sending Classic vibes.

You got this, bro!

Twostratsfornow, Loin Lover and -r3- like this.
  10. Michael7

Michael7 Dr. Squier Gold Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Virginia Beach, VA USA
    Glad you are on the mend! Stick with the regimen and you'll have an awesome outcome. I know some folks who've had knees replaced and now play volleyball and live very active lives. All the best for a full recovery!

Loin Lover likes this.
  11. corn

corn Squier-holic

Feb 27, 2013
    San Diego
    My vibes are nice smooth and soothing, I don’t to vibrate you too much, cheers

Loin Lover likes this.
  12. surfrodguitar

surfrodguitar Squier-holic

Aug 4, 2016
    Laguna Niguel
    Sending prayers and good vibes!! Sorry I'm late to the party but vibes coming anyway!!

Loin Lover likes this.
  13. Uncle Joe

Uncle Joe Squier-holic

Dec 18, 2015
    Jersey
    Congratulations on your new knee. That's great. I'm glad to hear you're getting through this okay. Keep it going brother. Just work through the pain and you'll be fine.

Glad to hear it's going well. Sounds as though it's well worth it. Good luck with your new knee.

14. mofojar

mofojar Squier-holic

May 9, 2019
    Calgary, Alberta
    Sending all my positive vibes your way!

It's the Canadian singer Terry Jacks who recorded the 1974 version that most of us know and love.