For Sale Pizzeria $57K

Discussion in 'Guitars For Sale, Trade or Wanted' started by Eddie, Aug 23, 2020.

1. duceditor

duceditor Squier-Axpert Gold Supporting Member

May 29, 2014
    The Monadnocks, NH USA
    I, too, have wonderful memories of 'old New York.' First going into the city for museums and games and the like with my dad as a boy, then in the mid-`60s, my college years (SVA and NYU) -- all the great Greenwich Village coffee houses and small concert venues. But then came the switch -- and it came quickly! -- to dangerous streets and waiting mayhem. And so I left.

Enjoyed some day visits for shows and the like during the healed late Giuliani years.

I still have family and friends there. Many looking to escape (or just having done so).

Coronavirus is only a small part of that. Crime and idiot racial tension are the bigger reasons.

BUT... they still have the world's best pizza. (and yes, I have been to Italy.) ;)

-don

2. strat81

strat81 Squier-Meister Platinum Supporting Member

May 27, 2020
    Nebraska
    I'm one of them. NYC born and raised, now living the good life in a county with one traffic light in Nowhere, Nebraska.

As for the pizzeria, the *one* thing I miss about NYC is the awesome pizza. However, restaurants are where money goes to die. Too much work for too little return. Hard pass.

3. Eddie

Eddie Squirt Startocaster Infinity Gold Supporting Member

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Yep, hard to beat NYC pizza. I went to college in Buffalo, NY. The first thing I noticed was that the pizza wasn't the same.

But other than pizza, most places across the USA have caught up with NYC in terms of great ethnic foods. 20 years ago, NYC was the only place where you could get the best ethnic foods. But now, as I travel, there are great ethnic places in almost all cities I visit.

I would pass on the pizzeria also.

Angry Possum likes this.
  4. Angry Possum

Angry Possum A Psychopathic 6 String Collector Gold Supporting Member

Oct 30, 2019
    Squier Town NY
    Still love NY believe it or not. I still have alot of family and friends here , and some friends I still know from when I was 10 yrs old. I live is Staten Island NY not far from Manhattan and Brooklyn, just right over the VZ Narrows Bridge. One of the original longest expansion bridges. The pizza is great in SI as well. When we decide to move in 8 years or so, we are thinking South Carolina. Not 100% just throwing it around for now.

5. duceditor

duceditor Squier-Axpert Gold Supporting Member

May 29, 2014
    The Monadnocks, NH USA

Oh yeah! No traffic lights. No dumb waiting for a light to make a left turn (I'd decline retiring in FL for just this!)

I get in the Spider and go 100 miles on curving scenic two-laners with maybe one traffic light. Oh yeah! Oh yeah!

That is so true and SO important.

Yes, I love the USA. Warts and all. We are an endless work in progress here. Not safe, but exciting. The only place of the many I've visited where I'd actually choose to live. (Okay, Austria just outside of Salzburg was close) ;) But standard American food was BORING. Now, thanks to people from all over it is simply wonderful.

You younger folks have no idea what a change there has been in just my lifetime. And how much it can mean if one is willing to sample ethnic cuisine.

Even at home we now weekly eat US, Mexican, Indian, Italian, Chinese and Thai. And odd recipes of our own that combines aspects of this one and that.

YUMMMMMM! :)

Family and friends are a good part of what life is about.

I disliked NY (not just the city, but equally the LI suburbs, from very early on in life). Yes -- both had much to offer (would my youthful music 'career' such as it was been able to happen anyplace else?) and then TV and film work, daily sensing the pulse of a then fast changing world -- but the narrowness of the thinking -- funny because locals there think theirs is the opposite!!!! -- that killed it for me.

Want true liberty? That's what the West was (still? I don;'t know) and places like rural New Hampshire. Think what you want. Live how you want. Just don't bother anyone else and you'll be free as a bird.

But family, yes! Friends, yes! That I understand.

And that is why having a guest cottage has at time meant so much to us. But staying on someplace just for them -- that, although I myself couldn't see doing, yet that I understand.

-don

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
    Eddie and Angry Possum like this.
  6. drewcp

drewcp Squier-holic

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    You're in a town that actually HAS a traffic light? Most of the towns in the parts where I grew up have none. You would have to drive 30 minutes to see that kind of thing.

Eddie and duceditor like this.
  7. mitch_cumsteen

mitch_cumsteen Squier-Nut

Jun 25, 2018
    Planet, Idaho
    It's a pizza shop, so I think the proper term is, "there's some something anchovy about this".

duceditor likes this.
  8. BluesForDan

BluesForDan Squier-Meister

LOL, makes me think of that scene in MIB II where J goes to a cabinet and it's completely full of tins of anchovies. Probably a 10-15 year supply for a decently busy pizza shop. I worked in a pizza shop for about 5 years. There was no such thing as running out of anchovies. You never finished a tin before you threw it away.

mitch_cumsteen likes this.
  9. strat81

strat81 Squier-Meister Platinum Supporting Member

May 27, 2020
    Nebraska
    The whole county has one traffic light. I can buy two different brands of tractors within a mile or two of home, but I'll have to travel 25 miles to buy a foreign car.

I'm not the only one who left. All of my close family left NYC too. Too much crime, too much traffi

drewcp likes this.
  10. Eddie

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    I'm waiting for my parents off main Street flushing. It's a flipping mad house on weekends. One traffic light can keep you 5 to 10 minutes. So picture trying to go 10 blocks with 10 lights. Faster to walk.

drewcp likes this.
  11. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016
    I live pretty much right between two small towns. One doesn't have a traffic light but does have a bar. The other has neither but it does have a gas station and a Dollar General.

vlxerdon and drewcp like this.
  12. Eddie

Nov 5, 2016
    New York

Yep ... 1000%. The US has changed tremendously in the past 20-30 years. The ethnic cuisine has exploded across the entire country. No longer centralized to a few locales.

I remember going to visit my cousin in NOVA back around the 80's. Bob's Big Boy was about as ethnic as it got. Now it has some of the best Chinese, Afghani, and Indian food in the world. The Afghani food is better than NYC. We drive down there just for the Afghani food. Yum.

Ok, this talk is getting me hungry.

backporchmusic and duceditor like this.
  13. squierTony

squierTony Dr. Squier

Jul 4, 2012
    MAUD Oklahoma
    My kinda place.

14. backporchmusic

backporchmusic Squier-Nut

Sep 6, 2014
    Va
    Went to high school in NOVA, and yes the world-food options have grown dramatically and many are top-notch--even if they aren't priced that way. It's a great food place now.