For Sale Pizzeria $57K

Discussion in 'Guitars For Sale, Trade or Wanted' started by Eddie, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Eddie

Eddie Squirt Startocaster Infinity Gold Supporting Member

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
  2. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Just a kicked back frog... Silver Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2018
    RC addiction....
    I would eat up the product and get fat...

3. Eddie

Nov 5, 2016
    New York

ha ha. I was thinking the same thing. I'd wind up eating all the profits.

But why would someone sell a business that's pulling in $28K a month with $3500 rent? There's something fishy about this ...

4. Stratlover84

Stratlover84 Squier-holic

Jun 16, 2016
    NY - EC
    I no longer live in NY, but I still have family there, and I know you live in the city - but I constantly hear more reports about safety, violence and quality of life issues that are growing by the week.

NYC is apparently no longer safe it seems!

Kenneth Mountain and Eddie like this.
  5. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016
    Humm ... the seller has listed it a several sites. One of the older posts has the $57,000 listing in the title but if you read the text it says the price is $99,000. So the price has dropped more than 47 percent?

Hey, we could all invest and get a piece of the (pizza) pie!

Davis Sharp and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  6. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Guy Who Likes to Play Guitar Silver Supporting Member

My guess is those numbers are average in the last year, and that COVID has made it unprofitable. He's just trying to bail out before it's worth less than zero. Only a guess though.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
  7. IronSchef

IronSchef Dr. Squier Double Platinum Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Flew here on my Dragonfly
    I would have to put in an old-fashioned juke-box w/ 70s rock and metal like the one they had a the pizzeria I grew up patronizing (Oceanside, Long Island)

Black Sabbath
    Led Zeppelin
    Stones
    Who
    etc etc ... :)

Kenneth Mountain and Eddie like this.
  8. Eddie

Nov 5, 2016
    New York

It's true. Very sad. :(

9. Eddie

Nov 5, 2016
    New York

I'd be there everyday. :)

10. CVSteve

CVSteve Squier-holic ‎‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎

Dec 28, 2017
    Texas
    There are 30,000 empty apartments in NYC...

Eddie and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  11. squierTony

squierTony Dr. Squier

Jul 4, 2012
    MAUD Oklahoma
    People are leaving like rats off a sinking ship.

Eddie, Paruwi and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  12. Deepblankspace

Deepblankspace Squier-Meister

Sep 28, 2018
    Washington state
    Having been in the pizza industry, depending on the level of cuisine,
    1. Staffing is such a pain
    2. The profit margin on pizza isnt as large as you would think
    3. Covid?
    Pizza shops make most the money on apps and drinks, actually like all resturaunts operate that way
    The last shop i worked at sold for 100k? And it took 5 full time staff amd we were only open for 36 hours a week. And we only had 21-25 seats.
    The owner fired 2 cooks and never recovered from the loss of experience and skill

Eddie likes this.
  13. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016
    But think about all the dough you will be making!

(Sorry, I'm so, so sorry. Time to go to bed now. My only cure for insomnia is to get plenty of sleep. LOL)

Eddie likes this.
  14. surf green

surf green Squier-holic

Jul 15, 2014
    RI
    In the "good old days" when every sale was cash, I used to work for a bank. The local House of Pizza guy used to come in a buy a $1000 money order every day to send back to the "old country". His scam was to pay cash for additional flour, sauce, ect beyond his normal inventory. He would make "extra" pizzas off the books and pocket the $. He must be living large these days.

Eddie likes this.
  15. Loin Lover

Loin Lover Squier-holic

Jul 26, 2018
    Backwoods, USA
    Similar to what Triple Jim said reference Covid, it is now proven people are eating digitally. ;-)

Davis Sharp likes this.
  16. SoundDesign

SoundDesign Squier-holic

Gross is gross, net is net.

The value of a business like this probably comes down to the equipment and "good will". How much is the name "Les Pizza" worth in terms of reputation, client base and ensuring ongoing sales? I'm not familiar with it but like so many ubiquitous independent print shops / sub shops / pizza shops in the world, probably little to nothing.

If the person buying it can make good to great pizza and manage it effectively, they will probably be fine but that isn't really owing much to the wonderful headstart the seller gave them. You could rent the place next door instead and do the same thing.

17. duceditor

duceditor Squier-Axpert Gold Supporting Member

May 29, 2014
    The Monadnocks, NH USA
    Here in NH the governor made a somewhat surprising 'ruling' on Friday that restaurants can now open at 100% capacity.

I expect that once again the suggestion is that vulnerable people use careful judgement as to whether to enjoy the facilities or not. (Very much a New Hampshire approach -- let the individuals decide)

Though the announcement was a bit of a surprise the reasoning behind it is not. In some places it has been reported that 60% of the restaurants "temporarily" closed for 'safety' will not be reopening. (Many upscale ones in NY have not made that announcement, but regular patrons are seeing "for rent" signs on the building space -- understood to be a sure sign that the lease has quietly been closed.)

Communities such as mine have no crime issues, and property values are going through the proverbial roof (12.4% increase in just the last few months on average -- and the communities that have greater appeal to wealthy urban folk have gone up way, way more -- many sell upon listing with a price bidding war, and that is sight unseen.

"Get out while you can" is the going urban mantra. Business people know this even if the media tries to hide it.

So, yes, places like this pizza shop are closing willy nilly.

I make no prediction of where and how this will end, nor do I trust that the sole or even the greater force behind all that is happening are other than political. But such is the reality we 'average joes' -- including one supposes that pizza shop owner -- are having to deal with.

NH's governor is trying to give businesses at least a go at returning. My understanding is the many urban areas are now seen as past that -- and the 'powers that be' have rather different sensibilities.

No matter one's personal POV as to the cause(s) or the wisdom of all that has been happening, these are challenging times. Times of, I personally think, lasting change.

-don

Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
  18. Ahnlaashock

Ahnlaashock Squier-holic

Sep 21, 2014
    St. Louis Area
    I go to town because my doctors are there, but for no other reason that I can avoid. Literally thousands of people around here are the same way.
    On the other hand, the crime here has reached city level and it will be a meth or heroin addict when they catch them, almost every single time. So many they cannot even lock them up for long enough to get them clean.

19. duceditor

duceditor Squier-Axpert Gold Supporting Member

May 29, 2014
    The Monadnocks, NH USA
    This threads still here? The pizzeria is still for sale?

I thought by now Eddie would have bought it, decorated the walls with pictures of all the Les Pauls he's bought and sold over the years, and hired all his hard working math students to serve as bicycle delivery riders.

-nod

Viking likes this.
  20. Uncle Joe

Uncle Joe Squier-holic

Dec 18, 2015
    Jersey
    For years I've been going to Ranger games at Madison Square Garden without going outside for more than a block or so in the city. I collect my kid(s), drive to the NJ Transit Train Station, get off the train at Penn Station NY, take the escalator up to MSG, and walk across the street. That's it. I have a cop or two in sight at all times. Then MSG security.

This after years of going to trade shows, jogging to museums through Central Park, taking my wife for long weekends midtown to see a band at BB Kings, Birdland, Blue Note or Town Hall. Downtown we used to stay at the Soho Grand and spend the day on Mulberry Street in Little (itsy bitsy teeny weeny) Italy. Sometimes we would walk to Chelsea Market and then along the Highline to get to midtown to catch the Ranger game, taking a taxi back downtown after the game. Other times we would walk to South Street Seaport and skate or just sit and gaze at the bridges across to Brooklyn. Beautiful. I would visit trendy customers in the cosmetic and textile industries who insisted on maintaining a chic NY address. Saw tons of famous people who nobody knows. My specialty.

Those days are over. No mas. Too dangerous and I'm too old. It was like this when I was eighteen, but I was eighteen then. The place is a dump. Just like 1979, only I'm not stepping over one of the Ramones nodding out on the sidewalk. That seems charming compared to today's city. Now the place is a ghost town. My brother lives uptown and will be the last man standing in Washington Heights. Good luck Bro.

vlxerdon likes this.